Trade: Entire Sabres team for Oilers, no picks or minor leaguers

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I actually think it's very close. No picks or guys in the minors and that's key. We'd keep some key guys not on the roster. We don't have anyone close to as good as their fowards. Taylor is an an amazing player on crap team. Say what you will about Yapukov but he's worth more than Grigorenko and we get to keep both in this scenario. Armia too.

The defensive trio, Gigensons and Ennis are basically our only real value at NHL level. Everything else is spare parts or even worse (Hodgson) bad contracts that could soon be trouble to unload.

I started the thread but if push comes to shove, I think I keep our guys. But it's close.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yak**

And still, no thanks.
Jame is probably on the same page as me in that he would ship out Eberle and Yakupov ASAP. I hate Eberle as a player to begin with but you can't have that contract on the books when you're going to need to pay McEichel $11+ Million in 3 years.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Eberle+Yak gets you pretty strong young defenders to make up for losing risto and zads

that said yak has been great of late so i think it'd be a mistake to move him before rnh

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Jame is probably on the same page as me in that he would ship out Eberle and Yakupov ASAP. I hate Eberle as a player to begin with but you can't have that contract on the books when you're going to need to pay McEichel $11+ Million in 3 years.

Im confident we can keep McEichel under $11+M for their first contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad