Trade: Entire Sabres team for Oilers, no picks or minor leaguers

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
It's not that wild.

Edmonton has more offensive talent and a lot more natural skill. Insert our prospect pool and our first rounders this year, and it's probably a good team just as quickly.

I think when you have the prospects and picks we have, a lot of rosters will be notably improved by it in years.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Can't do it.

The most major problem comes not on offense, but defense.

We'd be giving up Myers, Risto and Zads -- all of whom are either better now or quite likely to be better than anything currently on the Oilers......and you can probably add Gorges to that equation.

Yes, we'd be getting POSSIBLE studs or near-studs in Nurse, Klefbom and Marincin.

But I think I'd much, much rather have Myers, Risto and Zads than Nurse, Klefbom and Marincin.

Of course I'd trade offenses, Girgensons included -- as we've got the upcoming two-way grit guys like Bailey, Compher, Fasching, Baptise, etc to complement what the Oil already have.

But the SEVERE downgrade at D (and in net) makes me say no.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If we did this we'd be in a worse situation than the Oilers currently are, because at least they have Nurse in the pipeline. Who would we have? Pysyk and McCabe in the pipeline.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
It's not that wild.

Edmonton has more offensive talent and a lot more natural skill. Insert our prospect pool and our first rounders this year, and it's probably a good team just as quickly.

I think when you have the prospects and picks we have, a lot of rosters will be notably improved by it in years.

Except you're giving up a bunch of your prospect pool because they're currently part of the team. Myers, Risto and Zads are all gone. That gives us Pysyk and McCabe to put into the Oilers lineup, which is awful.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If we did this we'd be in a worse situation than the Oilers currently are, because at least they have Nurse in the pipeline. Who would we have? Pysyk and McCabe in the pipeline.

Yup. Although, the Oilers may be worse off than they are now as well. Imagine having Buffalo's roster and Edmonton's forward prospects? It's basically just Draisaitl. It would be the saddest.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Basically Hall and RNH for our team? Because the first thing I would do is trade Eberle and Yakupov if he has any value.

JayTam

Apr 20, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
I`m an Oilers fan and I would stay away from it, if I where the Sabres.

You got a good thing going, building from the back end, now the next draft or two will be forwards and you are set.

I like the Sabres 2-3 years from now, you guys will have a hell of a team!!!

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
our D greater than their D with little change in that relationship close on the horizon

their O greater than our O but with considerable movement about to happen

Just on the strength of our D I prefer our roster

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I like how one of the reasons not to is we would lose Myers like they wouldn't be giving us a far better player in Hall. I wouldn't do it either because the Oilers are historically bad for half a decade but they would be giving up the best player on either team, not us.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
How about if we finished third then yes because we would draft Hanifin but if we finished last then we can draft McDavid.

Also does Draisaitl come with us?

So my answer would be conditional.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I like how one of the reasons not to is we would lose Myers like they wouldn't be giving us a far better player in Hall. I wouldn't do it either because the Oilers are historically bad for half a decade but they would be giving up the best player on either team, not us.

The point is that we'd be giving up Myers, Ristolainen, and Zadorov with no one in the pipeline to fill the void. In other words, we'd be the Oilers up to now (they have Nurse in the pipeline at least). It's not about value or who gives up the best player, it's about the position we are in now vs. the one we'd be in. It's not good for the Oilers, either.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
The point is that we'd be giving up Myers, Ristolainen, and Zadorov with no one in the pipeline to fill the void. In other words, we'd be the Oilers up to now (they have Nurse in the pipeline at least). It's not about value or who gives up the best player, it's about the position we are in now vs. the one we'd be in. It's not good for the Oilers, either.

And we'd lose nurse to the no minor leaguers. Pysyk would be our best d prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: