Pre-Game Talk: Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
wild card. inspired by larkin, eichel, domi, duclair and mcdavid... the kings call up kempe and inject him into top 6 and convert pearson/mersch to the right wing full time like they've been trying.

That can hurt Kempes development and confidence. Most say he isn't ready so why rush him? I'd prefer to see Mersch in more of an offensive role or Brodzinski called up.

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
That can hurt Kempes development and confidence. Most say he isn't ready so why rush him? I'd prefer to see Mersch in more of an offensive role or Brodzinsky called up.

agree with your counterpoints. brodzinski is getting hot too. (goal and assist in game atm) that could be an interesting call up.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I don't think any of these deals will make much of a difference. Deadline deals are always risky and can backfire causing chemistry issues. I'm fine going into the playoffs with what we have. We just need to want it and the cup will be ours once again. Go Kings Go!

Carter and Gaborik trades ring a bell ?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Let's just face it, the group of available players this year was pretty ****ing weak. I still like Hamhuis though.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
You can argue that Chicago added Ladd to counter Lucic. Same with when the Ducks signed Stewart.

I listen to NHL radio every day, no team wants to play LA. Kopitar and Carter down the middle, Quick in goal, Doughty on D, and big forwards like King, Lucic, Brown, Nolan, Clifford, etc on the wing....no team can match that size. Probably why Chicago also added Weiss.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Sorry, but I think a lot of these trades are going to result in Anson Carters instead of Jeff Carters. I'm fine with DL not moving on any of these chumps.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I don't think any of these deals will make much of a difference. Deadline deals are always risky and can backfire causing chemistry issues. I'm fine going into the playoffs with what we have. We just need to want it and the cup will be ours once again. Go Kings Go!

It will be interesting to see how both the Hawks and Panthers adjust to all their new players, with each team bring in 3 new guys.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
You can argue that Chicago added Ladd to counter Lucic. Same with when the Ducks signed Stewart.

I listen to NHL radio every day, no team wants to play LA. Kopitar and Carter down the middle, Quick in goal, Doughty on D, and big forwards like King, Lucic, Brown, Nolan, Clifford, etc on the wing....no team can match that size. Probably why Chicago also added Weiss.

But Stewart isn't in the same league as the other guys. The guy takes some of the stupidest penalties you will ever see and really isn't that good.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Lombardi doesn't come this close, after this much work, and say, "This is good."

"How do I improve?" is what he's asking.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
FWIW
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 1m1 minute ago
Add the Kings to the Eric Staal talks. They will NOT be shut out.

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
stall + murphy do it DL with the future considerations of cap dumping a new cup experienced all american captain to help him reach the cap floor at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad