Trade Deadline

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
It's always been TSN for me, but last year I have to say that SNET did it better! So I'll likely tune into SNET to start and see how it goes.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
For a long time it wasn't even close, TSN. However past 2 years, Sportsnet has been FAR better. Not only in breaking trades, but they're gm's room last year was a home run.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Who has the best post deadline show. I will be busy until the deadline is over, so I would really like to see an informative deadline show.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
TSN
The thing is kind of all filler though. If there is one trade they show highlights of the players over and over. And that is the best you can expect

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Bob McKenzie, Pierre LeBrun and Darren Dreger > Nick Kypreos + anyone else Sportsnet has.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
This has been a scheduled holiday for me over the last 15 years or so.

The colds ones and days food menu have been set.

New box of depends and phone is off the hook.

TSN(the #2 over there would hurt me, if this was not so) is my main channel and will switch off to others from time to time.

leafspring*

Its like watching paint dry. Wait until 4 bells and turn the television on. I could even wait until 4:01 actually.;)

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Voted for TSN because when it comes to the Hockey Insiders I personally like McKenzie, Dreger and LeBrun a lot more. Now I don't mind Kypreos however after him I don't like the others they have at Sportsnet.

Plus when I see that Sportsnet commerical about their trade deadline coverage saying it's the players #1 choice for getting updates I can't stand it. I always thought the players were told to say that and they didn't mean it.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
SNET is more opinionated and will say bolder things.. TSN sticks to facts and will break trades all over the place and interview the guys who get traded. TSN is better, i like to switch in-between because even though SNET doesn't always get it right, their speculation can keep it interesting, and they do break the trades just as fast as TSN.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
trade deadline day has been boring the past few years with the big names not getting traded, or getting traded days in advance so they have nothing of significance to discuss untill mercifully someone makes a minor trade and they can talk about how some guy will be a great addition to a team by playing on the 4th line sometimes.

free agent frenzy is so much better because you know it's guarenteed to have a bunch of players sign during the afternoon and as a plus you don't have wake up early since it starts at noon rather then ending at 3pm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad