Speculation: Trade deadline Wednesday, April 3 2013

Mr Underhill

Jan 25, 2007
Now that Vancouver got Roy their needs have changed to a W and a D.

Would you do something like this:

To Tampa:
Luongo

To Vancouver:
Malone
Brewer
Ohlund

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

To Tampa:
Luongo

To Vancouver:
Malone
Brewer
Ohlund

Why would Tampa Bay want another bad contract with Luongo, We already have a bad one with Vinny LeCavalier, And Ryan Malone already said that he's not Interested in playing out west or Northwest for that matte.r He said he either wants to stay In Tampa or go home to Pittsburgh . You can have Ohlund He's through any ways I would much rather get Ryan Miller for 1 year then Luongo for 7 or so.

TurboBrick

Mar 26, 2012
SATX
Can't trade an injured player so Malone is going to stay in Tampa for the rest of the season and Ohlund until the day he retires.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

To Tampa:
Luongo

To Vancouver:
Malone
Brewer
Ohlund

That's an overpayment for Luongo. We can't even trade Ohlund because he's on injured reserve. Vancouver doesn't have the cap room for that even with us taking Luongo. Brewer should be bought out in the summer as he is playing terrible and makes too much. Malone can be valuable if he stays healthy, we lack top 6 LW's. If anything we can move him at the deadline next year and get a good return. We also don't want Luongo and that contract.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
That's an overpayment for Luongo. We can't even trade Ohlund because he's on injured reserve. Vancouver doesn't have the cap room for that even with us taking Luongo. Brewer should be bought out in the summer as he is playing terrible and makes too much. Malone can be valuable if he stays healthy, we lack top 6 LW's. If anything we can move him at the deadline next year and get a good return. We also don't want Luongo and that contract.

Brewer could easily fetch a pick if MAB could get a 7th.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would trade him for a pick too but I think SY still thinks we can make the playoffs and will keep him. Maybe we can move him in the offseason but with the cap going down and his caphit it might become harder.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
So then why did Yzerman aquire Quincey In the first place? Other then maybe to help Detroit out since they wanted him back and could'nt work out a deal for him with Colorado.

It was a 3 way trade. You don't acquire a player and then immediately trade him away unless its pre planned. Colorado knew Quincey was going to Detroit.

Colorado got Downie which is all well and good until he got hurt, Detroit got Quincey which is just funny, Tampa Bay got one of the best goaltending prospects in hockey. The only team he helped out was Tampa Bay.

Last edited:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
So then why did Yzerman aquire Quincey In the first place? Other then maybe to help Detroit out since they wanted him back and could'nt work out a deal for him with Colorado.

Because he knew he could get a first round pick for him? Gotta think Stevie helped out the Bolts and not the Wings with that deal.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I think we should just keep Brewer and hope he rebounds next year. We can't just trade all of our regulars and expect to be decent next year, as good as our prospects are.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
It was a 3 way trade. You don't acquire a player and then immediately trade him away unless its pre planned. Colorado knew Quincey was going to Detroit.

Colorado got Downie which is all well and good until he got hurt, Detroit got Quincey which is just funny, Tampa Bay got one of the best goaltending prospects in hockey. The only team he helped out was Tampa Bay.

Yep Tampa Bay made out like bandits on this deal, No one can argue that.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

I think a few reports stated that Colorado wasn't super happy with the fact that Quincey was traded to Detroit right away. No reason why SFY couldn't have gotten on the phone and said "yo, I have Quincey coming through, you want him?"

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Looking forward, Yzerman did not say he expected anything major to happen before the Wednesday trade deadline.

"We'll be busy, talking to other clubs, but I don't know that we will actually do anything," Yzerman said.

Asked if he had a "lot of lines in the water," Yzerman said, "I wouldn't describe it as that."

I guess unless SFY's hiding something, it's going to be really quiet tomorrow.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I just dont see us doing anything at the deadline this year. I want something to happen, but I dont know what. There really isnt a forward that I think would help this team. There isnt a prospect I want to give up for a defenseman who may or may not help us. Trying to get a guy like Miller or Lou likely wouldnt be the answer in the end... IDK.

MAB for the 7th may have been our big splash of the year.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The only move I would kind of support is moving Brewer for a pick/picks, but honestly, he has looked okay lately, and we probably wouldn't get enough value to make it worth it in the long run. Add to that there aren't any real interesting FA Dmen this summer, and no replacements ready to step in in our system at the moment, other than maybe some minor moves, we probably stand pat.

And that's okay. I honestly think we have a pretty good roster right now. We need to work on what we have between the pipes (get another backup instead of Garon would be ideal), but beyond that, with the young guys and the vets, I think we have a roster than can win games.

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
With all the injuries/losses in Syracuse, Hall is needed down there desperately. Doubtful another team claims him. Carolina also needed to clear a contract thus it made sense to include him in the deal.

We have had decent luck w/ 7th rounders it seems. Just traded a former 7th rounder(Kirill Gotovets) for a former 1st rounder(Philippe Paradis). Palat was a 7th rounder too.

My bet is TB makes another minor move likely a prospect/minor leaguer for prospect/minor leaguer. No goalie brought in, not tomorrow...and if one is brought in, it'll be Ben Bishop. Otherwise draft time TB makes a goalie move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad