Speculation: Trade deadline Wednesday, April 3 2013

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Don't see Tampa going with two young goalies, getting bishop allows us to swing him or lindback to Vancouver for Luongo. you heard it first here.

Actually, that doesn't even make sense. Canucks still have Lack, too.

It would make more sense if it were Buffalo, since I don't think they're sold on Enroth and they're devoted to the rebuild.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Conacher NOOO!!!!!
/
image.php

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Washington trade still not announced and none of the insiders have any word who is included. McKenzie even commented on how tight-lipped the sources are. Think it's a big move? I'm intrigued

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I live in Vancouver, and I can verify this. I hear it every freaking day by Nucktards here about how we need Luongo, how they know what we need because they saw it on TSN, and that they deserve a stanley cup. Honestly Canuck fans here in Vancouver are the most entitled fans in the league (yes beating out the leafs). They actually think there is a conspiracy done by Bettman to make sure Vancouver doesn't win the Cup. That the refs are out to get them. I am not making this up.

Isn't that how most hockey fans feel about their team? I know I have felt that way several times about the Bolts. I know it seems ridiculous, but sometimes you just say, "what the **** is going on?" when there are inconsistencies with suspensions and penalty calls and so on

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Tampa Bay
Goaltending has been a problem in Tampa for a couple years now and Anders Lindback hasn’t been getting the job done. Is Ben Bishop the answer? The former Ottawa keeper will give it a shot, but he’s still relatively green and the Bolts’ defense corps hasn’t been very strong of late. Cory Conacher had been slumping lately, but most rookies do. The fact is, when he was on, he was on, and the Sens have the talented linemates to get him back on track. Despite all the talent up top and some great young prospects, this team is trending downward.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/51025-Trade-deadline-winners-and-losers.html

Does anyone else think that last sentence makes little to no sense?

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Despite all the talent up top and some great young prospects, this team is trending downward.

I don't agree with this at all. As soon as Carle-Brewer and their 9.3m are moved down to the 3rd D pairing in favor of Korobov-Gudas, this team will rock.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
I don't agree with this at all. As soon as Carle-Brewer and their 9.3m are moved down to the 3rd D pairing in favor of Korobov-Gudas, this team will rock.

Carle can still be useful, let's see what Cooper does with him before completely writing him off. Brewer has fallen off the face of the earth, Gudas made him expendable. I expect him to be traded or amnestied this summer.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

So as soon as the composition of the team changes, things will be different?

I'm not in favor of buying out Brewer. We've been complaining about the coaching of the defense and goaltending as those guys consistently slide. SFY wouldn't have made the trade for Bishop had Lindback in particular been better. You can't pin that entirely on Frantz Jean, but it'd be a remarkably popular idea, and possibly not without reason.

I do think that if changes aren't made in the assistant coaches though, Frantz Jean in particular, we're going to basically riot. Real talk.

If Bishop implodes before the season ends, god help us all.

There is a level of success from here where we could forgive, like if the Lightning made the second round or something, but the chances of consecutive things going well for the Lightning just aren't happening.

The change in assistants will be framed as it being because they're not Cooper's guys, and it will be true, because that would mean he doesn't think he can win with them.

Last edited:

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
My point was only small tweaks are needed for this team to be very good. The team's confidence is recovering I think. Outsiders look at the standings and think this team must stink, which isn't the case.

Cooper may be able to tweak Carle and Brewer's games to the point they become a strong 2nd pair, time will tell. I like the Korobov-Gudas pairing, they are impressive together. Maybe next season.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
My point was only small tweaks are needed for this team to be very good. The team's confidence is recovering I think. Outsiders look at the standings and think this team must stink, which isn't the case.

Cooper may be able to tweak Carle and Brewer's games to the point they become a strong 2nd pair, time will tell. I like the Korobov-Gudas pairing, they are impressive together. Maybe next season.

I understand. It's just that the downward cycle is incredibly frustrating and I don't think that we've felt satisfaction in it being over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad