GDT: Trade Deadline - TSN vs Sportsnet - April 3rd, 5:00AM (TSN, SNET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Bender*

TSN has strength, reliability and efficiency up front with Bobby Mac. Ferraro is entertaining as a colour guy but he might be out of his league in a live telecast.

TSN has some major weakness on the back-end with Aaron Ward (Iginla gaff). Hodge is past his prime and Button is a liability.

SNET provides the entertain factor with the great interplay between Keenan, Kipper and MacLean. Kipper also was laser quick last TDL with breaking news.

The X-factor will be Jay Onrait checking in from home. I think it's a toss up either way but I gotta go with Bobby Mac as the deciding factor.

I hope it's not like last year where the first 6 hours made the Minnesota Wild look exciting.

I get sick of Jay Onrait...........he's like an annoying toy that never shuts off. Ward is fine....the Iginla error was not his fault. Button is a bit of a clown, but he has great insight with respect to junior/college hockey. Kypreos does come out with some good scoops, but he's a ****ing caveman. I don't like him.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Congrats btw!

Thanks!

In my industry it is not uncommon for people to plan the birth of a child for the busier parts of the season, the work season not the hockey season.

Would have liked Canucklehead # 2 to arrive a lot sooner, but we're happy with how things played out. :)

On tomorrow - I for one will be nervously waiting for 9AM to see if Cam Barker has been claimed off waivers. :sarcasm:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
McKenzie and Ferraro add elements of grit to the TSN panel. TSN>>SportsNet.

I agree, overall TSN is way more balanced and has the top dogs to carry them, but if it gets ugly and we see a low scoring, boring game then I can see Sportsnet being right in the mix until the very end.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I don't have school on Wednesdays, so I'm free all day.

Should I wake up at 5, or just wake up at 8?

You probably will only miss a minor trade or two if you wake up at 8.

I, on the other hand, have to deal with the cluster**** that will be the trade board tomorrow morning. :laugh: ... :cry:

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I think it will be worth it if someone go on the PA system and say Luongo been traded.....even if you don't care it big enough.........but never will happen

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I agree, overall TSN is way more balanced and has the top dogs to carry them, but if it gets ugly and we see a low scoring, boring game then I can see Sportsnet being right in the mix until the very end.
The clear weak link for TSN is Button, but Sportsnet also has their fair share with Keenan, Lawton, PuckDady{Hate this man} ETC

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
You probably will only miss a minor trade or two if you wake up at 8.

I, on the other hand, have to deal with the cluster**** that will be the trade board tomorrow morning. :laugh: ... :cry:

Good luck. :(

Any guesses on how many trades there'll be tomorrow? I'm guessing 18.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Nothing ever happens in the early morning on these shows.

I remember one time I woke up at 6 to watch Free Agent Frenzy and for the first two and a half hours the only person that signed anywhere was Todd White to Atlanta.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I personally cant stand Sportsnet at all.
There are times when TSN is bad too, but it's far less than Sportsnet IMO.

I'll probably have the TSN stream on one of my monitors, and HF + tweetdeck on my other monitor.

dps

Nov 30, 2011
Who's with me?!

drinking-game.jpg

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
TSN is the best for trade deadline day! I remember that day they announced Hamhuis signed to a 6 year deal.

EDIT: I will just keep an eye during socials tmrw since I get to work on a sheet all class and then Lunch. Hopefully a deal for a top 6 forward is put in.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
"nothing ever happens on these shows"

*remembers reaction to tsn announcement on last year's show that cody hodgson had been traded*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad