GDT: Trade Deadline - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPT*

I get this feeling that Deslauriers could be a swiss army knife who could play anywhere in the line-up AND on defense. Has size, is leading his former AHL team in goals, skates pretty well. I like it.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
we're talking value wise right? I think Fasching has massive potential.

Right. Poster said we essentially got a non-bluechipper and Neuvirth for a 3rd and Moulson. I asked if he seriously expected a bluechipper for Moulson and he said at least a 1st and a 3rd. So I'm saying Fasching's a late 1st at least in my book, meaning we actually did get what he expected.

ZeroPT*

Right. Poster said we essentially got a non-blue hipper and Neuvirth for a 3rd and Moulson. I asked if he seriously expected a bluechipper for Moulson and he said at least a 1st and a 3rd. So I'm saying Fasching's a late 1st at least in my book, meaning we actually did get what he expected.

Gotcha. Thoughts on Fasching?

ZeroPT*

Hmmm Klesla in Rochester? I kinda liked the fact that our kids were getting all the minutes there

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Gotcha. Thoughts on Fasching?

Has the size, hands, and protection to be a legit scoring power forward, something that the NCAA does a good job producing. I didn't really know much about him before this season in Minnesota. Consistency issues were there in the draft but from the Minnesota games I've seen they're not anything you wouldn't expect from a freshman power forward. Someone compared his freshman stats with Bjugstad and I could see him emerging as that sort of prospect. Not gonna go there quite yet, but it's in the cards at least.

I'm not sure anyone on Team USA impressed me more at the WJC except for Eichel. I'm going to spend a lot of the next year daydreaming about drafting Eichel as the centerpiece of a fantastic group of NCAA products that includes Compher, Fasching, and McCabe.

ZeroPT*

Has the size, hands, and protection to be a legit scoring power forward, something that the NCAA does a good job producing. I didn't really know much about him before this season in Minnesota. Consistency issues were there in the draft but from the Minnesota games I've seen they're not anything you wouldn't expect from a freshman power forward. Someone compared his freshman stats with Bjugstad and I could see him emerging as that sort of prospect. Not gonna go there quite yet, but it's in the cards at least.

I'm not sure anyone on Team USA impressed me more at the WJC except for Eichel. I'm going to spend a lot of the next year daydreaming about drafting Eichel as the centerpiece of a fantastic group of NCAA products that includes Compher, Fasching, and McCabe.

Solid. If he turns out to be anything close to Bjugstad....

Definitely gotta try and catch some college games now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad