GDT: Trade Deadline is Coming. 02/24/20. Let's Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So GR had some meaty tweets last night and recently.

1. He mentioned how teams are aware that Florida doesn't clear rebounds like Columbus did so they are clearly exposing that.

2. This morning, he mentioned trades are likely to happen ahead of the deadline.

3. On the radio this morning, Q said team is looking for forward, defense, and goaltending help. So pretty much everything.

I think one of Hoffman and Dads is gone.

I know some people want to sell but that likely doesn't happen. All of us here pretty much Dale's job is on the line. He likely make some wild moves because f*** it ya know? If he is losing his job, then draft picks won't do him any good past April.

We are up against the cap which is why we can't really call anyone up. But f***, does this team need some infusion of talent. However, my problem with the roster is the "sameness" of it. Someone like Denisenko would be such a breath of fresh air on this team.

f***ing soft. Fix that shit.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Dale's gonna do something boring like trading for Gudbranson.

Every single team in the playoff hunt is looking for D help and we are right up against the cap. I don't know how realistically we can improve enough to make a huge difference.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Dale's gonna do something boring like trading for Gudbranson.

Every single team in the playoff hunt is looking for D help and we are right up against the cap. I don't know how realistically we can improve enough to make a huge difference.

Watch us trade for Crawford or Lehner :laugh:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I agree, I see them moving one of Daddy or Hoff for help on D. Thus not having to play Brown anymore. Oh, and being able to call up OT. Problem solved.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

giphy.gif

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Who's going to trade a decent D for a rental of Dadonov or Hoffman at their cap?
Maybe now they are forced to trade one of the two for a rental D? I don't know, I'm not very informed on cap situation. I don't see how this differs from keeping both and playing them out as own team rentals.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
We need to trade for toughness. Where is Q's interview btw? I'd love to listen to it.

Him saying we need all facets to improve speaks volumes. He sees the crap that DT has given him this year. Guys don't care, they don't show up. They are weak physically AND mentally.

This team needs such a massive retooling that it can't be done during the regular season. This season is basically lost, the sooner you all accept it the better it will be for you.

Tallon has to go, I don't want his dumb hands on this team anymore. He lost my confidence for the first time ever as Panthers GM. His plan to build a skill focused team has failed just like it did in Toronto. Turns out hockey is a physical sport that requires grit, effort and determination, three words completely foreign to this group.

Trade who you can for picks at the deadline and look to the future. Quebec's arena is done so there's a nice place to start.

This franchise will never succeed in South Florida. I am officially convinced.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
We need to trade for toughness. Where is Q's interview btw? I'd love to listen to it.

Him saying we need all facets to improve speaks volumes. He sees the crap that DT has given him this year. Guys don't care, they don't show up. They are weak physically AND mentally.

This team needs such a massive retooling that it can't be done during the regular season. This season is basically lost, the sooner you all accept it the better it will be for you.

Tallon has to go, I don't want his dumb hands on this team anymore. He lost my confidence for the first time ever as Panthers GM. His plan to build a skill focused team has failed just like it did in Toronto. Turns out hockey is a physical sport that requires grit, effort and determination, three words completely foreign to this group.

Trade who you can for picks at the deadline and look to the future. Quebec's arena is done so there's a nice place to start.

This franchise will never succeed in South Florida. I am officially convinced.

2-14-2020 The Joe Rose Show with Zach Krantz Hour 2

Starts at 15:40

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I feel like if they're going to do a deadline move, You would want it done before this weekend's game. A big road trip out West coming up, and I think it would be harder to make a move and still field a competitive team then.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Hoffman isn't being moved for prospects lol, look, I know Florida isn't making the playoffs this year, but they are 2 points back of the Leafs with a game in hand and the tiebreaker, management definitely believes they can still make the playoffs.
Exactly! Finally someone else gets it.

It's not about being dominant all year long, It's about being hot at the right time.

Reactions: Boothinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad