Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline II - Deadline passed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I get the sense that Leddy is gonna be a chip for a 2C in the near future. Maybe tomorrow, maybe at the draft. I've been a huge fan of his since day one and it better be for the right guy (I'd be fine with Kesler). The guy should be able to fetch one, he's got top pair potential. I'd consider it for the right deal. He's better than a 3rd pair guy and I have faith in the Hawks brass to get Clendening/Johns/Rundbland up to speed to play 6th dman. Ultimately, acquiring a 2C would give Teuvo more time to develop and potentially move to winger if he has to. Don't want the kid to be pigeonholed into 2C because he's the only choice.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
So so so interested in how this is going to pan out for the rest of the deadline with the Hawks now that Rundblad is reportedly coming to the Hawks and NOT to Rockford.

Bowman has already said he doesn't like 8 defensemen on. Does this possibly mean a move for Oduya? Out of all our lower tier defensmen, he's probably the most valuable that we can afford to give up.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
Well, on the flip side, if no one is held out, then I would guess there is no impending blockbuster.

Not until tomorrow, that is. :laugh:

I think the Hawks are either 100% done (I should really look back and see how many times I've said this) or they're getting ready for a big move either tonight or tomorrow.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
DONT SAY THINGS LIKE THAT.
Now I am going to read more into everything than I should :laugh:

Seeing how they've got no forward depth to old out right now you'd be pretty safe from making speculations. Unless that shocker of Brookbank sitting gets your mind working.:D

poes law

Nov 11, 2013
Seeing how they've got no forward depth to old out right now you'd be pretty safe from making speculations. Unless that shocker of Brookbank sitting gets your mind working.:D

Hossa to [other team], e5?:sarcasm:

I don't think this thread could possibly be more aptly named.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Not until tomorrow, that is. :laugh:

I think the Hawks are either 100% done (I should really look back and see how many times I've said this) or they're getting ready for a big move either tonight or tomorrow.

I just can't shake the feeling we are getting Kesler. I know the barriers to it happening but I just have a feeling.

If it happens and we still have TT then bowman is a genius. Leddy Bickell and 2014 1st?

Madhouse Mafia

Feb 21, 2012
Northern MN
I've always been in favor of moving Leddy. He really has a better chance at becoming a better player elsewhere. As much as I like the guy, and I really do, It'd be a great hockey move. I feel like something is going to happen though. Stan says he's fine with the team he has but I think everyone else making moves probably has him on his heels a bit. There is talk of Gaborik to LA, Vanek to ANA, the Miller trade. In all honesty, despite being the deepest roster in the league, it wouldn't take much for the other Western powerhouses to hurdle us. I really truly think we're making a run at Kesler. Even with his "stand pat and improve internally" method, he clearly sees the benefit of adding an elite player like Kesler.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I just can't shake the feeling we are getting Kesler. I know the barriers to it happening but I just have a feeling.

If it happens and we still have TT then bowman is a genius. Leddy Bickell and 2014 1st?

No, No, No. Replace Leddy with Oduya and maybe ... but I doubt Canucks would go for that.

The more I think of it, the more I conclude that acquiring Kesler is too risky. He'll cost too much in return, especially if it costs a TT or Leddy, he has a big salary, he's a whiner, a diver, has been injury prone lately, and he may upset the chemistry of the Hawk team.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Well everyone here in Pittsburgh is convinced Kesler is coming here. As if they didn't learn their lesson last year when they went wild at the trade dead line.

We shall see.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
for the right deal, Vancouver would easily retain a good chunk of it. They're going scorched earth over there now. They only retained 15% of Lu's salary and Kesler is only on the hook for next year after this.

Thought the same thing. Canucks are burning it down, they could eat $2.5 mil if kesler's deal and it wouldn't hurt them

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues

Kesler would be perfect for the Hawks. Shaw, Bickell and Clendening for Kesler

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Kesler-Kane
Versteeg-Regin-Morin
Bollig-Kruger-Smith

I know, I like Shaw too but you have to give to get. I know that third line isn't great but look at that second line!

Madhouse Mafia

Feb 21, 2012
Northern MN
Thought the same thing. Canucks are burning it down, they could eat $2.5 mil if kesler's deal and it wouldn't hurt them

With Leddy off the books (or *gulp* Bickell) we could pay Kesler for the next year (with VAN retaining salary) when Kane, Toews, Saad, Kruger, Oduya and theoretically Kesler too, whom I wouldn't expect us to keep beyond that point, we could have won another cup and have the money we need to keep Kane, Toews and Saad. Also, if Bickell is still a Hawk (which I imagine he will be) He will be very tradeable. I'm all in favor of going all-in for another cup with this group of guys. I'm having trouble finding a flaw in all of this. Perhaps some of my information is incorrect but I mean.. That looks good to me.. I should also add that unless we keep TT this deal goes no where.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad