OT: Trade Deadline Guessing Game

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Really don't want Kreider or McIlrath moved.

My only prediction is E Staal to the Rangers @50% retained. And I certainly don't want that unless it is DIRT cheap.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Viper asked Dag on Twitter earlier and said that Kreider and Staal/Girardi are being linked.

I saw that, I just don't buy it. There are a few problems.

1. NMC's
2. Why is a team "thats all in" trading non-rental players that they consider to be some of their core players? Or do they not consider these players to be important for winning a Stanley Cup?
3. What's the solution if those players are traded? I could possibly see the solution with Skjei replacing Staal, and McD and Yandle already eating up top 4 LHD minutes, but there is no viable solution to replace Girardi right now.

Maybe Dagoon can further explain because I don't really see the logic in what he's saying with trading Kreider and throwing in Staal or Girardi. I can see the logic in trading players like Yandle, McIlrath, Lindberg, maybe Kreider without a throw in, some prospects, picks, but when you actually get into discussing trading core players who play big minutes on a contender with NMC's, that just sounds like fantasy land ideas from angry fans.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Stars Want Yandle if Yandle is off table so is Dallas.

I was asked about Kreider and Rangers don't want to move him but if Staal or Danny boy agree to a team and they want Kreider they will have to take a D also .. Smart on Gorden part

I hate AV he is pushing Mcilrath out the door ... trust me on this very inside info on this one

AV has been beyond rediculous this year. Mcilrath has looked very solid, for the most part in what little playing time he's gotten. For gods sake, play the kid AV!!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Jets have tried to get McIlrath for two years now.

I say no way MCI is traded for a rental, management loves him.

Yeah. I'm not buying it either. AHL FO gave him rave reviews, Clark and Gorton love him. AV has given him great reviews.

The only thing that's gone horrible for him this year is AVs usage of him. But when he is on the ice, AV generally has good things to say about him.

I don't think McIlrath is moving unless the return is great.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Jets have tried to get McIlrath for two years now.

I say no way MCI is traded for a rental, management loves him.

Who do they love more Mcilrath or AV? I don't think management could be happy with the usage/treatment of him, imo their going to have to force AV's hand this offseason to make Mcilrath a regular.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Who do they love more Mcilrath or AV? I don't think management could be happy with the usage/treatment of him, imo their going to have to force AV's hand this offseason to make Mcilrath a regular.

Hope so. Gorts calls teh shots anyway. Don't think he's willing to part ways with Dylan so early, especially with the way he has played.

Don't make me slap you silly, Vigno.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Is he off the market or does Nill need to up the offer?

Brooks reported he's off the market, but I'm sure if Nill blew our doors off he would be right back on it. Also don't know if he was quoted as saying it but Nill isn't trying to trade futures for a short term gain, at least that's what I see from their fans say.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Yeah. I'm not buying it either. AHL FO gave him rave reviews, Clark and Gorton love him. AV has given him great reviews.

The only thing that's gone horrible for him this year is AVs usage of him. But when he is on the ice, AV generally has good things to say about him.

I don't think McIlrath is moving unless the return is great.

not being rude here but no way has AV been positive on Mc. for the most part his comments are he is ok.. played ok things like that

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Stamkos to Chicago
Yandle to Edmonton
Girardi to Hartford
Staal to Carolina
Staal to New York
Kreider to Toronto
Shattenkirk to Dallas
Vrbata to Tampa
Drouin to Vancouver
Doan to LA and back to Arizona

BarbaraAlphanse

Stamkos to Chicago
Yandle to Edmonton
Girardi to Hartford
Staal to Carolina
Staal to New York
Kreider to Toronto
Shattenkirk to Dallas
Vrbata to Tampa
Drouin to Vancouver
Doan to LA and back to Arizona

Thanks, ail. Appreciate the good sportsmanship on the game.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I saw that, I just don't buy it. There are a few problems.

1. NMC's
2. Why is a team "thats all in" trading non-rental players that they consider to be some of their core players? Or do they not consider these players to be important for winning a Stanley Cup?
3. What's the solution if those players are traded? I could possibly see the solution with Skjei replacing Staal, and McD and Yandle already eating up top 4 LHD minutes, but there is no viable solution to replace Girardi right now.

Maybe Dagoon can further explain because I don't really see the logic in what he's saying with trading Kreider and throwing in Staal or Girardi. I can see the logic in trading players like Yandle, McIlrath, Lindberg, maybe Kreider without a throw in, some prospects, picks, but when you actually get into discussing trading core players who play big minutes on a contender with NMC's, that just sounds like fantasy land ideas from angry fans.

I doubt Dagoon has all of the info. He is just reporting what he is hearing which is much appreciated

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
First real good comments on McIlrath from AV were this week.

Feb 21 Ny Post.

And my brain immediately went to...he's being shopped isn't he.

Antoine Vermette

Jun 6, 2015
Going to go with some dark horse choices here
Jiri Hudler-->NSH
Radim Vrbata-->DET
Eric Staal-->CAR
Mikkel Bodker-->CHI
Shane Doan-->ARZ
Andrew Ladd-->FLA
Keith Yandle-->NYR
Jonathan Drouin-->TB
Loui Eriksson-->COL
PA Parenteau-->ANA
Brad Boyes-->STL
Dale Weise-->MTL
Justin Schultz-->EDM
Kris Versteeg-->CAR
Teddy Purcell-->PIT

Total trades on 2/29-->24

And I'd hate to see Wrath go. I don't think we can really afford to lose him. I don't think it's be a good trade, but I could see us swapping him for a guy like Adam Lowry if Winnipeg is likely destination. Hopes he stays on this team for the long haul though, we need him.

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Can we move the Dagoon info to the roster building thread? Hate having to click on two different threads to see the latest.

Anyway, my picks:

Juri Hudler: LA
Radim Vrbata: Dallas
Eric Staal: Carolina
Mikkel Bodker: Chicago
Shane Doan: Arizona
Andrew Ladd: Florida
Keith Yandle: NYR
Jonathan Drouin: Colorado
Loui Erikson: Florida
PA Parenteau: NJ
Brad Boyes: NYR
Dale Weise: Dallas
Justin Schultz: Chicago
Kris Versteeg: NYI
Teddy Purcell: TB

Tie Break: 21 total trades

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
not being rude here but no way has AV been positive on Mc. for the most part his comments are he is ok.. played ok things like that

They're ****ing idiots if they trade McIlrath to Winnipeg for anything other than Schieffle, Ehlers, Trouba, or Wheeler coming back.

Please go beat some sense into AV because he's throwing away a top-4 defenseman who can provide something we've been pining for a while. This franchise loves trading pieces that they have and then trying to replace that same type of player who isn't as good :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad