Speculation: Trade Deadline Episode II - zzzzzzzzzzz

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm still impatient about getting a D-Man.

What is the deal with Hamhuis? He wants to go to Dallas but not here? Why not the **** not?

Where do you get the idea he oked Dallas but not Chicago?

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I'm still impatient about getting a D-Man.

What is the deal with Hamhuis? He wants to go to Dallas but not here? Why not the **** not?

Have no clue what you're talking about...

I will say though Hamhuis to Dallas is interesting. One of the best GM's at trading vs. one of the worst. Nill might go full bandit on Benning.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
If Ehrhoff finds his form, he'll be a really useful #5. I don't know if they should invest in Hamhuis, but if they do, they'd be as strong a team as any that's won the Cup the past 3 years.

Ladd - Toews - Hossa
Panarin - Anisimov - Kane
Weise - Teravainen - Fleischman
Desjardins - Kruger (when he's back) - Shaw

Keith - Hammer
Hamhuis - Seabrook
Ehrhoff/Gus - Rozy/TvR

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Where do you get the idea he oked Dallas but not Chicago?

The tweet posted above seems to say he OK'd Dallas.

I haven't seen anything that says he has OK'd Chicago though.

And apparently there was a deal on the table for him and they went to Hamhuis to ask him. Just speculating but it seems like he may not have waived it for the Hawks.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
How would the money work out for Hamhuis?

They had to move Bickell (likely retain some of Bickell's salary) and then also have Vancouver probably retain some of Hamhuis' salary.

Pokka would likely have to go. I'd be fine with that though. You're going all in, you have to get a guy like Hamhuis to shore up any doubts on the defense.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I also have a sneaking suspicion that the Hawks might get Hainsey if Bicks is moved there. I don't know his contract status though.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
2.8M signed through next year. Add some prospect/picks and hope Carolina retains a million maybe.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
You want Carolina to take Bicks AND retain on a contract? That is never going to happen.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
You want Carolina to take Bicks AND retain on a contract? That is never going to happen.

My understanding is that a team can:

A) Retain cap and salary
B) Retain cap

So yes, I do think a team like Carolina may not be opposed to retaining cap on a deal.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Even if they don't retain cap. Take Hainsey, and then trade him to another team and retain on him or send him to the minors and take the <2mil cap hit. Better than buying out Bickell or having his 3mil on the cap next year.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The guys on sportnset earlier talked about a potential Cowen-Bickell swap. The only reason I'm taking it seriously is because it was Friedman and not the clown, Cox.

Hey, getting someone like Hamhuis is nice, but if they can get someone for a cheaper price who's also reliable enough, why the hell not?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad