GDT: Trade Deadline Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Please get JVR the **** out of town

Even if it's just picks coming back. Addition by subtraction.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
I wanted to keep JVR until the summer so we could see playoff JVR again, but yeah.

The guy makes such a small impact on the game for his size + skill combo.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Ill be curious to see if Lou can acquire a serviceable but overpaid dman along with some assets ala the Laich trade. Id be pretty pleased with that (assuming the player is actually usable).

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
i am thinking nothing major for us today. Prices are crazy to upgrade the defence, so we will sit tight. But I would deal Bozie for some picks.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
need an upgrade on D. I would love a top4 but obviously unlikely on deadline day. Would be happy to get JVR out of here today

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
After what Lou said about the Boyle trade being a reward etc. I don't think we'll see JVR or Bozak moved today.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Wouldn't mind Tanev and Sbisa coming over though how that's accomplished is anyone's guess.

I know it's highly, highly improbable, and again, don't know how it's accomplished, but if LL took a turn in the opposite direction and was (somehow) able to acquire say, Bo Horvat?

My wishlist includes players like Brett Ritchie and Antoine Roussel.

Would have to think that there's a good chance LL and Benning are talking given the relationship between the two management groups when LL was with the Devils.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
there is a thread on the main boards saying the islanders have met the AV's asking price for Duchene. If the get him without major disruption to the NHL team I think we can kiss 2nd wildcard good buy and we only have the atlantic left to hope for

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Clear team need is a top 4 all situation dman.
There aren't many available, but I'm ready to move on from JVR/Bozak. Terrible defensively and sometimes they look like they're mailing it in.

OT: How in the holy hell did Bozak miss that WIDE open net last night. Jesus.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Clear team need is a top 4 all situation dman.
There aren't many available, but I'm ready to move on from JVR/Bozak. Terrible defensively and sometimes they look like they're mailing it in.

OT: How in the holy hell did Bozak miss that WIDE open net last night. Jesus.

I highly doubt bozak goes anywhere due to faceoffs. But JVR + for a top 4 upgrade? count me in, hell I would add the 1st if the player was an established top 4 between 18-24 say. The net gain of better d core and JVR replacement being a better 2way guy will offset JVR points. Move JVR leivo takes his spot, sosh back on the 4th line

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
I highly doubt bozak goes anywhere due to faceoffs. But JVR + for a top 4 upgrade? count me in, hell I would add the 1st if the player was an established top 4 between 18-24 say. The net gain of better d core and JVR replacement being a better 2way guy will offset JVR points. Move JVR leivo takes his spot, sosh back on the 4th line

Yeah a top 4 dman around the same age as our core would be amazing.

Doubt we do anything today. Maybe a minor move.
I think we'll take advantage of our cap space. Some contenders out there that may want to move out a guy to create room. We'll take him! Send us your 2nd + prospect. :yo:

In reality I'd like to take a chance on Dennis Wideman. Wideman and 2nd for our 7th. :sarcasm:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I don't see many names out there that would help us very much.

Considering there are a lot of hints that we'll do at least one more solid move, I'm stumped as to what it could be.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Yeah a top 4 dman around the same age as our core would be amazing.

I think we'll take advantage of our cap space. Some contenders out there that may want to move out a guy to create room. We'll take him! Send us your 2nd + prospect. :yo:

In reality I'd like to take a chance on Dennis Wideman. Wideman and 2nd for a 7th.

not a chance on wideman, if you read a GDT the illuminati and the refs are 100% against the leafs adding him adds fuel to the fire no thanks. Wideman and bennet for a 4th+ prospect. Only way I take him is for a crazy overpay, Calgary never does this obviously

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I don't see many names out there that would help us very much.

Considering there are a lot of hints that we'll do at least one more solid move, I'm stumped as to what it could be.

Justin Faulk? if its JVR +? not nylander or anything like that. RH top 4 D. There were tweets Carolina was getting calls on him not so much he is available though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad