LeBrun: Trade deadline date?

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
So Pierre Lebrun and Darren Dreger have recently proclaimed a March 1st trade deadline... however, the CBA states in article 13 section 12 (13.12) that it will take place 40 days before the final day of the season, which places it on February 28th.

i'm inclined to think Lebrun and Dreger have it wrong based on the CBA verbiage, but thoughts from anyone else?

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
So Pierre Lebrun and Darren Dreger have recently proclaimed a March 1st trade deadline... however, the CBA states in article 13 section 12 (13.12) that it will take place 40 days before the final day of the season, which places it on February 28th.

i'm inclined to think Lebrun and Dreger have it wrong based on the CBA verbiage, but thoughts from anyone else?

March 1st is the 40th day to the end of the season. 31 days in March +9 in April means March 40th is said 40th day. NHL 17 uses this as a date in their game as well for the 2016-2017 season.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...-coyotes-canucks-avalanche-bruins-blackhawks/

It’s not only the cry of scalpers the world over, it’s also the double-sided question we ask of the National Hockey League’s 30 teams at this time of year, as we gallop toward the Feb. 28 trade deadline.

These pages say March 1:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/page/calendar2014/nhl-calendar-key-dates

https://www.nhl.com/lightning/info/key-nhl-dates

Seems like no one really knows but I think it's March 1.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
That article by Luke Fox on SN is confusing but I have heard March 1st many times over.

The CBA mandated date would be Feb 28 but I believe in the summer the NHL and PA agreed to move the deadline to the next day which has less games being played. 12 games on Feb 28, 2 on Mar 1.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Whatever date it is or should be I hope it's more exciting than previous years. Why they start their broadcasts at 8 AM EST I'll never know. Shouldn't start until 12 PM EST.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I took it off last year and was sad. I work at a PC anyway and am off ~2 hours before it's over, so I should get to see everything anyway.

I use twitter on my phone 2x a year:

TDL and July 1st.

It actually works well for that if you follow the big guys - Mac, Lebrun, Friedman, Eklund, etc.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

TDL and July 1st.

It actually works well for that if you follow the big guys - Mac, Lebrun, Friedman, Eklund, etc.

Did you just call Eklund a "big guy" for trade deadline day? I think he's gotten like 1 right in the last 5 years

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Trade deadline is the most wonderful time of the year, besides the end of June entry draft and July 1st free agency.

I took a vacation day for the TDL :tvhappy:

Last edited:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

TDL and July 1st.

this (-Eklund though) you actually get Lebrun etc tweeting it before they say it on tv (I assume to make sure they are first) so twitter is actually the faster way to get trades, then if you want a breakdown switch over to TSN. I used to take the day off but with the lamas and guitar guy it really stopped being a worthwhile use of a work holiday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad