Pre-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Center (All Flyers and NHL Trade Talk) (Chuck Fletcher state-of-the-team update 2/28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
It's crazy when you can social media and the majority are slamming the Flyers for doing nothing... Yet we have the people here saying they are holding out for better when we know that will be the company line when jack shit gets done. It's a ruse but SLURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP!

I think using 'people' is a bit misleading because the overwhelming vast majority of flyers posters here know what's up and are being critical. I think the fandom is a far cry from the 90s to 00s when saying anything critical was akin to being told to leave the fandom and get a gang-beatdown on the way out.

I'm old enough to remember fidonet and usenet flyers group being the biggest means to converse with other fans online and it was total Jonestown.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Yes i agree, you cant let him go for nothing, it's pretty much throwing everything down the drain if it happens. the whole point of having prospects is to cash in and bring in talent and not keep for that sake of it not unless it's a top 5 player like provy. None, he's here for 5 years for 25 million, he's not going anywhere. Tell that to armstrong and berube

#Authenticbot v 0.83

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What AAV would McDavid need to cease being worth having?

I love questions like this. It's definitely above the max. Matthews would be. Maybe Makar too?

My guess is that he's worth 20. So round up a million or two from there for the certainty where I'm still saying yes. Let's say 22-23 is the McDavid Rubicon? Does that feel crazy?

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
you guys need to put some respect on my boy's name, its not mcdavid, it is and always will be MCJESUS

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
That would really favor the hockey guys since I doubt any of the soccer players can skate.
i dont remember where i saw this video, but years ago they had a competition between football players and hockey players, and hockey players won by a landslide, and the football players all said, hockey is harder and takes alot more skill

I ordered chicken tendies and tater tots for lunch for good luck in the hopes that something finally happens.
more importantly, do you have choccy milk to go along with that nutrious meal of yours?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I love questions like this. It's definitely above the max. Matthews would be. Maybe Makar too?

My guess is that he's worth 20. So round up a million or two from there for the certainty where I'm still saying yes. Let's say 22-23 is the McDavid Rubicon? Does that feel crazy?
It's like paying NFL QBs. At some point the cap causes you to weaken too many other spots.
$20M is a 1 line, 1st pair D-man you can't afford.
So McDavid and a minimum wage scrub v 2 1st line/1st pair players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad