Pre-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Center (All Flyers and NHL Trade Talk) (Chuck Fletcher state-of-the-team update 2/28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Alright so as promised now that i'm at a laptop...

Let's try and put all of this trade deadline talk both as it pertains to the Flyers themselves and the rest of the league in this thread.

Let's leave the Roster thread to talk about how the team is now and news that is going on there with injuries and what not and the Miscellaneous NHL Talk just to talk about games and what not going on.

Let's see how this goes.

win88ice2004

Jan 3, 2019
- JVR and a pick for greenway is all but happening. Minn gonna then flip JVR for another 2nd and laugh at Chuck.
- Provy is going to Van for Boeser 1 for 1.
- TDA with a pick going to Carolina after we just paid them a bunch of picks to sign him would be hilarious.
- who are we trading for Puljujarvi?

Other teams cap dumps are the players we are trying to acquire....classic

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
- JVR and a pick for greenway is all but happening. Minn gonna then flip JVR for another 2nd and laugh at Chuck.
- TDA with a pick going to Carolina after we just paid them a bunch of picks to sign him would be hilarious.

Other teams cap dumps are the players we are trying to acquire....classic
That's entirely too much action for Chuck. You can only have one of those and then a Braun for a 7th deal.

No more, no less.

He'd die of exhaustion if he had to do all of that work.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So how long do we have before The Authentics use Fletcher going to Harvard is held as an example of how nerds shouldn't run hockey teams? Does that start before or after the failing upward?
JFC, we got Jojo to call them The Authentics. He's down in the mud with us.

giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So how long do we have before The Authentics use Fletcher going to Harvard is held as an example of how nerds shouldn't run hockey teams? Does that start before or after the failing upward?
Well, having worked with Harvard MBAs and economists and taught by Yale Law School graduates, I'm not as impressed with these people as most. Basically, they're the winners of the "connections" lottery, b/c while there's a few who are brillant, the vast majority are the same people who populate the other top 20 schools and the top of the state schools. They had the right parents or gamed the system or just got lucky.

Reactions: IronMarshal

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Firsts getting thrown around like candy, though this one depends on the conditions...

I also love that all of this action is happening before deadline day. The hockey broadcasters are going to be eating pizza on the air again. :laugh:

Don't worry - Charles Danger Fletcher will provide them with some entertainment as he waits until the very last second then takes the worst package offered all week for JVR.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

The no-brainer to me would be agreeing to take Puljujarvi to offset a Provorov deal to Edmonton that involved a handful of picks and prospects, but it appears the Oilers are looking elsewhere (Ekholm, etc) and Chuck has no nuts.

When you decide a player is done with the franchise you just f***ing move him. Provorov could have returned a good package two months ago, before the market filled up and so many buyers shot their load. Now their best bet is the offseason—or next year most likely, when they decide he's just too valuable and they hang on a little longer only to have the same cycle of mediocre play/pissy attitude remind them he should have been gone years back.

Selling is an active process. You reach out to teams and gauge interest, you make the coach give them appropriate usage. You're a salesman, you sell the players. Chuck Fletcher doesn't understand anything, but that's one area in particular I can say for certain he just doesn't do right.

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Also, on the reclamation projects front, the Flyers already have a lot and all but one suck. Tippett is actually quite decent. If they were a serious rebuilder, holy shit they should trade him.

Looking at what Jeannot just returned, they could absolutely bag a haul for Tippett. But never, in a billion years, would they. He looks like he could be a steady 25g/50p guy, and those are worth more than gold! 7 years, $6m per.

win88ice2004

Jan 3, 2019
The no-brainer to me would be agreeing to take Puljujarvi to offset a Provorov deal to Edmonton,

I agree, there is nothing wrong with doing this, the problem is how many reclamation projects can you have. The Flyers have an abundance of RWs that would play over him, so he would be pushed down the lineup to play with our AHL players, compounding the problem. If he is an addon sure, but as the main piece coming back...absolutely not.

Same issue with Greenway/JVR trade that is rumored for that matter. Cap space is an asset, which Chuckles does not understand. If you are allowing people to stash their players on your payroll, you need to be compensated for it.

Reactions: FLYERSFAN18

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I agree, there is nothing wrong with doing this, the problem is how many reclamation projects can you have. The Flyers have an abundance of RWs that would play over him, so he would be pushed down the lineup to play with our AHL players, compounding the problem. If he is an addon sure, but as the main piece coming back...absolutely not.

Oh he's absolutely a cap dump, and he doesn't have a contract for next season, so who cares. You'd have to be an absolute idiot to make him the main piece in a deal for Provorov. Unfortunately their GM is one of those, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad