He may be cheap and can move the puck.

Rielly. Roy/pesce.
Mccabe. Tanev/demelo
Benoit. Kylington

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I think it's more an issue with CGY/TOR relations.

I wouldn't bet on too many flames Toronto trades happening for a while.

There was enough smoke this season that suggests there may be a reluctance to deal with Tre. Imo Zadarov would have been a Leaf this season if that wasn't not the case

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I wouldn't bet on too many flames Toronto trades happening for a while.

There was enough smoke this season that suggests there may be a reluctance to deal with Tre. Imo Zadarov would have been a Leaf this season if that wasn't not the case
I’m a little worried with Zadorov being a free agent that he’s going to be Treliving’s top target on the blueline. I’d love his size and physicality but he’s definitely going to get overpaid.

Reactions: aingefan

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
He hasn't done anything to merit being fired. Dubas lasted 5 years and was offered an extension even though he made mistake after mistake.
I'll be very transparent. He was not my preferred guy (by a long way) to take the GM spot last season, and perhaps you're right that he hasn't done anything. But if there's going to be a clear-out, then I don't know why he should be exempt as well.

Reactions: uncleben

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
If Shanahan goes, the new guy likely wants his GM... but he likely gives Tre a shot to buy into his vision.
It should be when not if.

I would love to get one of the Vegas guys to completely change the culture here. McCrimmon or McPhee here would be awesome.

Reactions: TMLAM34

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I'll be very transparent. He was not my preferred guy (by a long way) to take the GM spot last season, and perhaps you're right that he hasn't done anything. But if there's going to be a clear-out, then I don't know why he should be exempt as well.
I think you should brace yourself for seeing the exact same management team and coaching staff next season, and basically the same lineup save for a couple of new defensemen and one new goalie.

Reactions: LeafParade

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I think you should brace yourself for seeing the exact same management team and coaching staff next season, and basically the same lineup save for a couple of new defensemen and one new goalie.
The conservative nature of hockey management suggests that they may, even if they bomb out of the playoffs in the next few days.

But then we should brace ourselves for similar results, and it doesn't mean I have to support it.

Reactions: aingefan

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Unlikely

We lose first round then at minimum keefe is fired

Shanahan and Treliving get 1 last shot on the hot seat
They are going to win the first round, and I think that will be enough to save the coaching staff and bulk of the signed lineup (UFAs are a different story). Meanwhile, in Ottawa I am sure they are just waiting to see if Boston cuts Monty loose after this season.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Unlikely

Shanahan shouldn't be getting another chance either and he's lucky to still be there IMO.

and Keefe is likely as well, which leaves Treliving in a sort of lame-duck spot. That's why it's easier just to nuke the lot and start over as far as the management goes.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Unlikely

Feels like Shanny has been on the hot seat for a while.

I don't really care what they do with Tre, you could give him another kick at the can, but handling the Marner situation is a little dicey given he's been taken so badly by pending UFAs and lost Tkachuk the way he did

Reactions: ToneDog

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Feels like Shanny has been on the hot seat for a while.

I don't really care what they do with Tre, you could give him another kick at the can, but handling the Marner situation is a little dicey given he's been taken so badly by pending UFAs and lost Tkachuk the way he did
Id fire all 3 if we lose but whats the pt....

No retool possible really or wanted by MLSE. New Prez/GM likely keeps same core 4 philosphy and we tey to win with this group and different depth pieces

Nylander extended, marner either extends a bad deal or walks, and tavares possibly gets another deal

For serious change to happen we need two of 4 forwards to not be leafs by 2026 with 2 better LT contract fit for the core

If they can somehow make ECF this year you run back the core

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I really think the Leafs should bolster our defense by adding some big men who can defend our goal and our players, such as Ristolainen.
Such as Ristolainen 😂

If there is any chance Tampa looks to shed some salary, I’d be ALL over Cernak. He’s literally exactly what we need next to Rielly. I’d be willing to even overpay, a 1st, Liljegren and Robertson.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Id fire all 3 if we lose but whats the pt....

No retool possible really or wanted by MLSE. New Prez/GM likely keeps same core 4 philosphy and we tey to win with this group and different depth pieces

Nylander extended, marner either extends a bad deal or walks, and tavares possibly gets another deal

For serious change to happen we need two of 4 forwards to not be leafs by 2026 with 2 better LT contract fit for the core

If they can somehow make ECF this year you run back the core
Even if JT resigns it won't be on a core player salary, so he automatically comes out of the core after this year.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
No idea why the Leafs would want JT back.
Unless they do some serious damage in the playoffs, I agree… He’s a solid player but under his captaincy, the Leafs have constantly failed to accomplish anything. Sometimes you need to change the voices in the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad