GDT: Trade Deadline 2015

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Guys, apparently according to HF we could of had Despres for Sven, in hindsight from both teams. Why doesn't Treliving read HF? :laugh:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Can someone tell me why Jeff Petry is such a coveted d-man this year

Hes the best of a bad group of Oilers D. Hes a steady middle-pairing D who was forced to play a #1 role in Edmonton, which he definitely was not suited for. Hes essentially a pretty decent player that was stuck on an awful team in an even worse d-core. That's why despite his bad stats, a lot of teams seemed to have some interest in him. He should be a perfectly good #4 from here on out.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Guys, apparently according to HF we could of had Despres for Sven, in hindsight from both teams. Why doesn't Treliving read HF? :laugh:
The Penguins clearly wanted an NHL calibre defenseman in return, so I really don't think they would have moved Baertschi for Despres.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The Penguins clearly wanted an NHL calibre defenseman in return, so I really don't think they would have moved Baertschi for Despres.

I agree, it's clear they wanted experience on their backend. It's just to bad we couldn't of made that deal, I'm sure Treliving tried. Most Pens posters are ticked about the deal they made.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
So who are your winners and losers for this TDL guys?

Winners
Coyotes - Coyotes benefit for the long term by grabbing a great prospect in Letunov, a top end prospect in Duclair, and also grab a 2016 1st and 2015 2nd to further the rebuild.

Rangers - The Rangers get Yandle for the last bit of this season and the next. The Rangers have gutted their future, but they are strong contenders for the cup for the next couple of years.

Ducks - Grab a top 4 RHD and only trade Karlsson and just moving down a round in the draft. They also grab Despres, who will be a solid 5/6 for them.

Habs - Grabbed Petry for a cheap price considering the LA/CAR, PHI/TBL and ANA/CBJ trades.

Losers:
Penguins - Moving Bortuzzo and Despres for Cole and Lovejoy was a lateral move, if not worst than what they had. Perhaps the earlier acquisition of Perron makes up for it, but I think they'll regret the Despres trade.

Blues - All they did was just trade Cole for Bortuzzo. I think they could have looked for an upgrade on forward and maybe moved a prospect and some mid 2016 picks.

Bruins - Connolly for 2 seconds won't put you over the top for a playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad