Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
3 1st round picks and Beckham go a long ways. Look we aren't doing this to suck for 4 years. Guerin won't have a job if that's the case. He has to know that and has to be up to something for this to make sense

The bolded is what I keep telling myself, but sending 3 first round picks for a one or two year rental may get him fired in itself. Admittedly, Beckman did not come to mind when you mentioned minor prospects. He's pretty well considered our 3rd best forward I would say.

Reactions: guitarhunterdude

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
i just dont think you can include rossi in that deal. boldy yes, as winger is easier to replace at cheaper prices. you need that rossi elc
Thing is, Boldy is ready to contribute now, IMO. I have no idea about Rossi, but suspect he needs at least a year.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

might not be great with less than and greater than symbols, but i do like his takes

maybe boldy and rossi arent included?

If you put any stock in what this dude says (and I can't say that I do), he was on the Backcheck Podcast (around 14:00) today and heavily implied that an offer from Minnesota would include Dumba, Boldy and Rossi. Maybe he was just throwing names out, but that wasn't the way it sounded to me.

Again though, I'm pretty unconvinced that that account knows half as much as it claims to, especially when most conversations end in a pitch for someone to give him a chunk of money to reveal his identity. Connecting Minnesota to Eichel and pointing out potential pieces involved isn't exactly rocket science at this point.

Jesus comma Brodin

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
If you put any stock in what this dude says (and I can't say that I do), he was on the Backcheck Podcast today and heavily implied that an offer from Minnesota would include Dumba, Boldy and Rossi. Maybe he was just throwing names out, but that wasn't the way it sounded to me.

Again though, I'm pretty unconvinced that that account knows half as much as it claims to, especially when most conversations end in a pitch for someone to give him a chunk of money to reveal his identity. Connecting Minnesota to Eichel and pointing out potential pieces involved isn't exactly rocket science at this point.

I sincerely hope he has no idea what he's talking about.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
If you put any stock in what this dude says (and I can't say that I do), he was on the Backcheck Podcast (around 14:00) today and heavily implied that an offer from Minnesota would include Dumba, Boldy and Rossi. Maybe he was just throwing names out, but that wasn't the way it sounded to me.

There’s no way the team can afford to lose both of their ELCs.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I sincerely hope he has no idea what he's talking about.
He's been pushing the idea of Dumba as part of an offer for a while now, which is the kind of thing that someone that didn't know those buyouts were coming would float. Someone that did know they were coming would probably realize where that leaves our defense for next year and think better of it. So yeah, I'm skeptical.

Jesus comma Brodin

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
He's been pushing the idea of Dumba as part of an offer for a while now, which is the kind of thing that someone that didn't know those buyouts were coming would float. Someone that did know they were coming would probably realize where that leaves our defense for next year and think better of it. So yeah, I'm skeptical.

I assume Dumba was the basis for the offer or alleged offer for awhile now, but would assume (hope) that he is no longer. Losing Soucy and Suter is already a massive hole in the left side of the defense. The only way moving Dumba and avoiding a huge hole on the right is to take Risto back as part of the deal. Which I wouldn't be interested in, personally.

If this is a thing, I assume the basis is Fiala+. But I do hope we have some chatter come out about MN and Buffalo being close on a deal, and then it ends up as Reinhart, just for the laughs.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
This Eichel situation seems to be coming to a head, here's what I do if I'm Billy G:

Fiala, Boldy, Rask, 1st, 2nd; and you tell Buff that's our best offer. That's well over three 1st round picks of value, which is more than enough for Eichel given the circumstances. If that gets declined, you move on to other less expensive/risky options and you are more than happy to keep the integrity of the prospect system in place. Because there's not another player in the league who's available that I would trade a Boldy or a Rossi for.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

thats a heavy offer.

edit: the one thing i will say though, is if we do this and there arent any draft picks involved, we are frontrunners next year for a top 3 pick.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Guerin has shown himself to be pretty aggressive, but given the buyouts and their cap implications in a few years, I don't feel comfortable moving multiple ELCs for Eichel. Unless there is something else going on that we're not aware of, I think we'll need them just to ice a team.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
This Eichel situation seems to be coming to a head, here's what I do if I'm Billy G:

Fiala, Boldy, Rask, 1st, 2nd; and you tell Buff that's our best offer. That's well over three 1st round picks of value, which is more than enough for Eichel given the circumstances. If that gets declined, you move on to other less expensive/risky options and you are more than happy to keep the integrity of the prospect system in place. Because there's not another player in the league who's available that I would trade a Boldy or a Rossi for.
Make the 2nd a 2022, and conditional on Eichel playing 60+ games this year. The more I think on it, the more I would like to see conditional picks as part of this deal. That would help manage the risk if Eichel turns out to be less than fit in years to come.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota

That move is Rutherford-esque enough that I would totally expect Guerin to try it.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Can I see a show of hands who in here ACTUALLY WANTS TO TRADE FOR EICHEL?

This is assuming we lose major assets in the deal, which we would.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Weird question, but does anybody know what the actual penalty for being over the cap is?

Teams found to have violated the cap face fines of up to US$5 million, cancellation of contracts, loss of draft picks, loss of points and/or forfeiture of game(s) determined to have been affected by the violation of the cap

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Can I see a show of hands who in here ACTUALLY WANTS TO TRADE FOR EICHEL?

This is assuming we lose major assets in the deal, which we would.
I'm not against it, but I'm less open to including Rossi and/or Boldy in an offer than I was a week ago and I still assume it'd require at least one of them going the other way.

The timelines with Eichel seem like a weird match, too. Right now it seems likely that we can make a strong push next year and possibly 2022-23, but then are likely to hit major cap constraints in 2023-25. I don't know if that signals 2 years in the basement or anything, but it'll be a real challenge to keep a competitive roster together. If that's the case, doesn't it seem really weird to push a bunch of chips in on a player that might not even start playing until midway through next year? The whole thing is just weird, unless there's more going on with this health situation than has actually come out. Or less going on, as the case may be...

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I assume Dumba was the basis for the offer or alleged offer for awhile now, but would assume (hope) that he is no longer. Losing Soucy and Suter is already a massive hole in the left side of the defense. The only way moving Dumba and avoiding a huge hole on the right is to take Risto back as part of the deal. Which I wouldn't be interested in, personally.

If this is a thing, I assume the basis is Fiala+. But I do hope we have some chatter come out about MN and Buffalo being close on a deal, and then it ends up as Reinhart, just for the laughs.
Well if we do the deal before Saturday then we can protect Soucy(gaining 3.25M in Cap). I like Soucy better than most, and Dumba less than most, so I'd be down with losing him instead of Fiala. Menell, and Addison are smaller PM, RHD, so it kind of fits better to have Soucy than Dumba to mesh with them, and maybe Cole. Cole would have to be signed before Saturday, though, so he can be on the ED list.

Would be fun to roll into the season with Eichel, Fiala, Kap, Boldy, Zucc, and JEE in our top 6.

Reactions: WildisLaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad