Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Trading for Eichel gives us a cap hit next season of 75.2M with 8 forwards, 4 defensemen and 1 goalie. 7M left for 5 forwards, 3 defensemen and 1 goalie. Someone do the math for me.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We all shied away from Trochek because he was injury prone.

Not saying you blindly ignore injuries, but Eichel has had one major injury, his neck disc. It may well be serious and haunt his career from now on, but that's why he is available at a lesser rate.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Trading for Eichel gives us a cap hit next season of 75.2M with 8 forwards, 4 defensemen and 1 goalie. 7M left for 5 forwards, 3 defensemen and 1 goalie. Someone do the math for me.
Addison, mermis, orourke for defense? Boldy Rossi beckman dewar Shaw for forwards. Free agent goalie maybe?

Wabit

May 23, 2016

If his surgery doesn't work and he never plays again, it would cover most of the Parise/Suter buyouts as extra LTIR cap space...

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If his surgery doesn't work and he never plays again, it would cover most of the Parise/Suter buyouts as extra LTIR cap space...
I'm fairly certain that's not how any of this works.

That's 100% not how that works

Addison, mermis, orourke for defense? Boldy Rossi beckman dewar Shaw for forwards. Free agent goalie maybe?

You're still over the cap, and that's assuming Guerin has a change of heart and is willing to gift that many young guys a roster spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Victorious Secret

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
That's 100% not how that works

You're still over the cap, and that's assuming Guerin has a change of heart and is willing to gift that many young guys a roster spot.
Yeah I wasn’t able to calculate before my phone died sadly… would require a zucc trade and possibly greenway to work

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
It will be interesting to see how they'll handle the cap if they want to sign a top end player next year. First you have Rask's 4M, most likely gone. Then you have some guys on a 1 yr deal, including Goligoski's 5M, gone unless re-signed.

Trading Zuccarello could take some work, only 21 teams can take him (NTC), and his contract (decent cap hit). Trading Fiala would be much easier, but it depends on what qualities of the player teams are looking for. It's also possible for the Wild to keep both these guys.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

trade zucc, fiala, greenway.

1.5375 mil each for 8 roster players

under cap.

Callups: Boldy, Rossi, Beckman, Marat, Khovanov , addison, orourke, hunt, wallstedt

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
its going to have to happen one way or another years 3,4.
i know. im advocating for it to happen now rather than later. next year greenway and zucc wont be on the team. fiala is 50/50. will our bottom six and 3rd pair be suspect? yes but its the growing pains that i will be ok with.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
i know. im advocating for it to happen now rather than later. next year greenway and zucc wont be on the team. fiala is 50/50. will our bottom six and 3rd pair be suspect? yes but its the growing pains that i will be ok with.

i agree, which is part of why ive been pushing for eichel. Hed be here till a year after the buyouts (which is the beginning of the cup window. Hed force the youngsters into the roster to start building chemistry at this level. And if it doesnt work out it just means we draft higher which helps the team as well. If it does work we have a borderline elite 1c for a discounted price to play with kap. Its honestly win win imo

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
i agree, which is part of why ive been pushing for eichel. Hed be here till a year after the buyouts (which is the beginning of the cup window. Hed force the youngsters into the roster to start building chemistry at this level. And if it doesnt work out it just means we draft higher which helps the team as well. If it does work we have a borderline elite 1c for a discounted price to play with kap. Its honestly win win imo
indeed. it hurts immediately yes, but we looking at the future with core forwards mostly being 24 and under outside of a couple names is ideal. then the aging spurgeon brodin dumba on the back end grooming the 20 year olds would be good also.

Reactions: GuerinUp

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
BG appears to be all in on Dumba, but seeing the deals that Dmen are getting, will he really want to re-sign him at 7M+ long term after next year?

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
BG appears to be all in on Dumba, but seeing the deals that Dmen are getting, will he really want to re-sign him at 7M+ long term after next year?
I think he’s still open to dealing him if the deal is right. He said it doesn’t matter if someone has an ‘A’ or not.

Last edited:

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I still think we should go aggressively at a center. Are we trying to waste a year/tank? No way this roster is a winning team. Send Dumba+Rask+Beckman+2nd to Detroit for Larkin or something.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I still think we should go aggressively at a center. Are we trying to waste a year/tank? No way this roster is a winning team. Send Dumba+Rask+Beckman+2nd to Detroit for Larkin or something.
if we are gonna go after a C, why dont we wait on Hertl in the off season? it doesnt take a trade then and we can court him to stay here for 5 or so years if he chooses. once he is signed you trade what is needed to fit under the cap. should be less than eichels 10m cap hit however he is older and not as talented.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
if we are gonna go after a C, why dont we wait on Hertl in the off season? it doesnt take a trade then and we can court him to stay here for 5 or so years if he chooses. once he is signed you trade what is needed to fit under the cap. should be less than eichels 10m cap hit however he is older and not as talented.

my argument to that would be, if youre going to have to move players to fit this signing why not go for the better player via the trade? if you strike out there, then go for the signing.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Trade is just one to try and free up cap. Hertl might want too much money? Plus Larkin is a little younger. Idk. So many variables with Fiala too.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
my argument to that would be, if youre going to have to move players to fit this signing why not go for the better player via the trade? if you strike out there, then go for the signing.
im not saying dont try for larkin, he is about 99.99% unavailable and i dont think that deal blows detroits mind enough to trade him.
Trade is just one to try and free up cap. Hertl might want too much money? Plus Larkin is a little younger. Idk. So many variables with Fiala too.
i agree larkin is well worth trying to acquire for his age and skills. just thinking that in order to trade for him, that requires us giving up the young players we will need. they have zero reason to take rask from us for him. cap dump sure but they would want more to take the cap dump then.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think he’s still open to dealing him if the deal is right. He said it doesn’t matter if someone has an ‘A’ or not.
Yeah, but then we are down to two top 2 Dmen? Goligoski is a top 4 guy, but getting past his due date at 36 yo. I can easily see him being either out of the league or a fringe player in a year or two.

It certainly would be a change for this team to be loaded on the forward lines, but severely lacking in the back end.

DRW are loaded with RHD prospects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad