Proposal: Tracking teams looking to built.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I propose that we should keep track of weak teams, looking at their roster and evaluating there needs. What can they do to make them-self better short term and long term. This could be a team struggling financially or just simply on the ice.

The Habs must target such team for potential movement of asset. The Habs have good depth, pick and a deep pocket book.

Team I sugest:

Carolina-Will they move E. Staal? Not sure but there is Semin and Sutter that could be intresting for us

Buffalo- What a mess this team is, more likely a top 3 pick in next year draft but could they look at moving picks to better suround the yougn cast. Also players of interest for me are Stafford, Weber and Stewart.

Pheonix-It's no secret that this team struggles with finance even with new ownership, I could see them dealing making a financial deal. Players I would like are Vermette, Beodker.

Add if this interest you.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Eric Staal, Andrej Sekera with Carolina.
Tyler Myers, Chris Stewart with Buffalo.
Keith Yandle with Phoenix.

I'd love to see us add a D to our lineup.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I bet you right now Marc Bergevin is at his desk in front of his monitor, "Holy Mormon Tabernacle Choir, why didn't I think of that?"

And Geoff Molson is standing behind him, shaking his head as he fills out a pink slip.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I bet you right now Marc Bergevin is at his desk in front of his monitor, "Holy Mormon Tabernacle Choir, why didn't I think of that?"

And Geoff Molson is standing behind him, shaking his head as he fills out a pink slip.

LOL, it's just for fun here.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Why would a team looking to build, trade one of their best young players?

In Arizona, maybe it could be a financial move. I was trowing names that I like with team I see struggling on and off ice.

The Jets are another team that could fit that mold. Detroit could be another one and so is Boston.

Boston for example, are struggling on the ice, had to make financial driven trades and could be looking to get younger.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Until Winnipeg gets a goaltender they're going nowhere, with Ladd an UFA after next year he'd be a perfect addition to our top 6 to add size and leadership. Dudley traded for him in Atlanta and he was in Chicago with Bergevin so they are both familiar with him.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Until Winnipeg gets a goaltender they're going nowhere, with Ladd an UFA after next year he'd be a perfect addition to our top 6 to add size and leadership. Dudley traded for him in Atlanta and he was in Chicago with Bergevin so they are both familiar with him.

Ladd would be nice on the LW with Eller. If the jets are looking for a goaltender, not sure we can ship another one there.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I'm all for picking up a useful player that fills a need at an affordable salary/traded assets, but we have 4 RFAs to sign with at least 2 of them getting a sizable raise. And before anyone says dump Moen, Bourque - taking salary back is going to be mandatory to get rid of them.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
If we can get Chris Stewart for cheap, I'm all for it.

Edit: after looking at his stats... Yikes! Never mind.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Boedker has always been a prospect I've loved. If we landed that guy I'd be so happy. Please make it happen MB.

Ladd would be nice on the LW with Eller. If the jets are looking for a goaltender, not sure we can ship another one there.

Ladd would instantly make us a better team. Say it's Fucale + pick (obviously not a 1st) I'd strongly consider it.

Vanek we paid prospect + 2nd, I think Ladd might cost similar. He's just one of those players that brings a lot to any team he goes to. I'd definitely want to trade for him and sign him ASAP.

Also like someone else mentioned, adding a d would help a lot too imo.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Boedker has always been a prospect I've loved. If we landed that guy I'd be so happy. Please make it happen MB.

Ladd would instantly make us a better team. Say it's Fucale + pick (obviously not a 1st) I'd strongly consider it.

Vanek we paid prospect + 2nd, I think Ladd might cost similar. He's just one of those players that brings a lot to any team he goes to. I'd definitely want to trade for him and sign him ASAP.

I don't think this gets it done. Fucale is to far from being an NHL starter and by the look of things, they need help today. We could always send them JT and pick up another cheep back up.

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008

Ladd would command much more than that.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Eric Staal, Andrej Sekera with Carolina.
Tyler Myers, Chris Stewart with Buffalo.
Keith Yandle with Phoenix.

I'd love to see us add a D to our lineup.

Colorado could trade O'Reilley to get one of those D or Toronto could trade Kadri. We couldn't beat that without giving up Tinner, Eller, +.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Because it's HF, it doesn't need to be grounded in reality. :sarcasm:

Well, yeah!

Ladd would command much more than that.

If Fucale was further in his development, I say it gets the Jet's interest.

They probably wouldn't... but I've always loved Boedker as a player.

I do also not to mention, playing with Eller is a intriguing idea.

Other potential team looking to make moves:

New Jersey- financially weak team trying to fill a rink. players that could be of interest are Elias and Zubrus. If we could swap Bourque and a pick/prospect.

The Wild-Good team, and lots of big contracts, a team to keep a eye on. Lots running financially. Could Koivu be had? Not before the summer but stay tune.

Colorado-will they panic? Roy is Roy. Players that could be of interest. ROR is an obvious choice for us IMO but there's also Mcginn.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Ladd would probably be our top winger.

I say best two way winger but Patch is up there. Same with AG. Playing Ladd with Eller would make this one of the top two way line IMO.

For Ladd, one of Tinordi/Beaulieu/JT/top prospect with a top pick gets Jets interest. Ideally it would be Beaulieu+Fucale and a 3rd.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I say best two way winger but Patch is up there. Same with AG. Playing Ladd with Eller would make this one of the top two way line IMO.

For Ladd, one of Tinordi/Beaulieu/JT/top prospect with a top pick gets Jets interest. Ideally it would be Beaulieu+Fucale and a 3rd.

Patches - Chucky - Gallagher
Ladd - Eller - Sekac
Bourque - Plekanec - PAP

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce