NHL Entry Draft: TP's Full 7 Round Mock Draft

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
Probably my favorite prospect outside the first round.
Super underated, I played a gamble to get Evangelista at 51, but he's a good consolation price!
Skating is NHL ready, good hands, good passer, great IQ.
August birthday and at 6 foot, 175 pounds he's not small but there's room to grow.
Already 2 WHL seasons under his belt and great progression
Do I need to continue:laugh:

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
With the 47th pick of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft the :habsare pleased to select, from Assat, Roni Hirvonen!

15. Maverik Bourque, C, Chicoutimi Saugeens (QMJHL)
47. Roni Hirvonen, C, Assat (Liiga)

Next pick coming very shortly.
The Finns revolution is on in MTL!

Reactions: OB5

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
I disagree. Why should a team get rewarded with a higher ranked pick?

If a team can't attend the draft, I can't imagine their scouts did a ton of work. Why should they get rewarded with a high ranked pick?

Skipping them will still give them a range pick (as in within a random number of 30), but not go for the highest ranked player still available. It motivates guys who don't attend.
Well at some point the lists are very differents. Go with NHL central ranking or Fisher's top 500 or any list, so we can all auto pick.

That being said, I think we need an auto...

Reactions: grewalwings

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Well at some point the lists are very differents. Go with NHL central ranking or Fisher's top 500 or any list, so we can all auto pick.

That being said, I think we need an auto...

Yeah, I agree, it would be good to see how the autopick is being generated. Right now it is unclear to me.

Also, I think we're on to another autopick.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Couldn't we just have a publicly available rankings list, like the Draft Analyst (Final Draft Rankings: The Top 300 - The Draft Analyst), and when 4 hours from the previous pick expires we pull the first available player on the list and then advance on to the next pick? Seems odd to me that we would leave an open slot just sitting there while drafting continued.

This is the general way of doing things, with the ISS list almost always used as the basis. 3 North Americans, then a European. No goalies can be taken with the auto-pick.

However, having participated in a few of these things this year, I'm kind of tired of waiting ages for the guys before me to pick, they don't, and then they get autoed just the guy I was going to take.

Soooo, I'm much more inclined to go with @TribalPhoenix's suggestion. In fact, I'd love to see how that kind of thing works out. Seems a lot "fairer" to those who might be (able to be) taking their drafting a tick more seriously.:)

That has my vote for sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
This is the general way of doing things, with the ISS list almost always used as the basis. 3 North Americans, then a European. No goalies can be taken with the auto-pick.

However, having participated in a few of these things this year, I'm kind of tired of waiting ages for the guys before me to pick, they don't, and then they get autoed just the guy I was going to take.

Soooo, I'm much more inclined to go with @TribalPhoenix's suggestion. In fact, I'd love to see how that kind of thing works out. Seems a lot "fairer" to those who might be (able to be) taking their drafting a tick more seriously.:)

That has my vote for sure!
Same!
I'm kind of intrigued to see how the autopicks play out, and if someone misses their window (myself included) I think it's fair to just move on to the next person. Then whoever comes in first, the picker or @TribalPhoenix with the auto, can fill in the gap with a selection.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
With the 53rd pick in the 2020 TP Mock, the Carolina Hurricanes select from Forlunda
upload_2020-9-21_8-44-12.jpeg

Theodor Niederbach.

@pit has been notified.

OB5

May 2, 2015
With pick 57 the :habsare pleased to select, from the University of Minnesota, Brock Faber!

15. Maverik Bourque, C, Chicoutimi Saugeens (QMJHL)
47. Roni Hirvonen, C, Assat (Liiga)
48. Ty Smilanic, C/LW, USNTDP
57. Brock Faber, LD, University of Minnesota (NCAA)

@uncleben up

grewalwings

May 23, 2014
Ontario
Yeah somethings wrong here. I listed a couple errors below.

- Pick #59 belongs to Ottawa via NYI (Pageau trade).
- Pick #60 belongs to LA (Martinez trade). **supposed to be pick involved in LA/Carolina trade in this mock draft.
*** @TribalPhoenix trade in this mock draft b/w LA and Carolina involved pick #59 (Sens), which never belonged to LA.
- Pick #76 belongs to Calgary (Lucic trade).
- Pick #81 belongs to Chicago (Gustafsson trade).
- Pick #90 belongs to NYI (their original pick).
- Pick #91 belongs to Vegas (their original pick).
- Pick #92 belongs to NYR (Zuccarello trade).

I checked all this with cap friendly and draftsite. I didn't check past round 3.

Reactions: pit and OB5

OB5

May 2, 2015
Yeah somethings wrong here. I listed a couple errors below.

- Pick #59 belongs to Ottawa via NYI (Pageau trade).
- Pick #60 belongs to LA (Martinez trade). **supposed to be pick involved in LA/Carolina trade in this mock draft.
*** @TribalPhoenix trade in this mock draft b/w LA and Carolina involved pick #59 (Sens), which never belonged to LA.
- Pick #76 belongs to Calgary (Lucic trade).
- Pick #81 belongs to Chicago (Gustafsson trade).
- Pick #90 belongs to NYI (their original pick).
- Pick #91 belongs to Vegas (their original pick).
- Pick #92 belongs to NYR (Zuccarello trade).

I checked all this with cap friendly and draftsite. I didn't check past round 3.
This is...something.

Reactions: grewalwings

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino