1. Czechia
2. Finland
3. USA
4. Sweden

Gold: Czechia
Silver: Canada
Bronze: Switzerland
4th Finland

From 5-8 teams each group I think Kazakhstan and Latvia might be the best ones and could pull some big wins.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
1. Czechia
2. Sweden
3. USA
4. Finland

1. Canada
2. Switzerland
3. Germany
4. Slovakia

Gold: Finland
Silver: Czechia
4th: Sweden

I think my predictions are a bit bold but I love it. Finland-Canada QF could go to Canada as well but rooting for the Finne.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Group A:
1. Canada
2. Switzerland
3. Slovakia
4. Germany
5. Denmark
6. Kazakhstan
7. France
8. Italy

Group B:
1. Finland
2. Sweden
3. Czechia
4. USA
5. Latvia
6. Austria
7. Norway
8. Great Britain

Medal round:
Gold: Canada
Silver: Finland
Bronze: Switzerland (If Josi joins)
A.
This is the easy group. I think Denmark can surpise here, they did very well in the olympics against better teams.

1. Canada
2. Denmark
3. Switzerland.
4. Germany
5. Slovakia.
6. France
7. Kazakhstan
8. Italy.

Sweden have a strong roster with backs like Dahlin and Oliver Ekman. Czech also look good. I think Austria can do well they have some up and coming players.
B:
1. Sweden
2. Czech Republic
3. Finland
4. USA
5. Austria
6. Norway.
7. Latvia.
8. GB

Gold: Sweden
Silver. Canada
Bronze: Czech Republic.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Because I like what Jukka Jalonen is doing with the team. He is keeping the door open for some Finnish superstar players, which is not his style. I think that it will work and I think that Finland will win the gold, regardless of the home curse.

Medals:
1. Finland
2. Czech
3. Switzerland
4. Canada/Sweden - not sure which.

Group stage - group A:
1. Switzerland
2. Canada
3. Slovakia
4. Germany - Draisaitl will arrive later and help them achieve this 4th place of the group.

Group stage - group B:
1. Czech
2. Finland
3. Sweden
4. USA

Last edited:

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
1. Czechia
2. Sweden
3. USA
4. Finland

1. Canada
2. Switzerland
3. Germany
4. Slovakia

Gold: Finland
4th: Sweden

I think my predictions are a bit bold but I love it. Finland-Canada QF could go to Canada as well but rooting for the Finne.
Pls no, you guys always fkin win in quarterfinals vs us lmao

Reactions: FinPanda

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
People who put Sweden in top 4 is living in a alternative reality. Take a look at our coaches, forwards and goalies and tell me with a straight face its not one of the worst in the entire tournament.

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
Group A:
1. Canada
2. Switzerland
3. Germany
4. Slovakia
5. Denmark
6. Kazakhstan
7. Italy
8. France

Group B:
1. Czechia
2. Finland
3. USA
4. Sweden
5. Latvia
6. Norway
7. Austria
8. GB

Medals:
Gold : Finland
Silver : Canada
Bronze : Czechia

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
People who put Sweden in top 4 is living in a alternative reality. Take a look at our coaches, forwards and goalies and tell me with a straight face its not one of the worst in the entire tournament.
I understand you dont expect much. But Dahlin & OEL are way better D-corps than any of the expected bottom 4.
Sweden could make the playoffs with a group of SHL/Allsvenskan forwards, as long as Dahlin+x & OEL+x will be on ice for majority of the game.

In brackets/playoffs, I dont expect much out of Sweden though.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I understand you dont expect much. But Dahlin & OEL are way better D-corps than any of the expected bottom 4.
Sweden could make the playoffs with a group of SHL/Allsvenskan forwards, as long as Dahlin+x & OEL+x will be on ice for majority of the game.

We had overall better team last year but still failed to reach qf. We still have the same shit coaches.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

The forward group is underwhelming but it’s also not that catastrophic. It’s about on par with Finland and the USA who have limited high end NHL caliber forwards. Canada, Czechia and Switzerland do have stronger forward groups, I feel.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
We had overall better team last year but still failed to reach qf. We still have the same shit coaches.
All top nations in our group have simiarly underwhelming teams, aside from Czechia. The USA have a bad head coach and worse defencemen with similar caliber forwards. Finland have an effective system in knockout games and will be hard to beat there but they have slightly less talent on the roster than we do. I don’t expect them to neccesarily finish the group stage ahead of us, especially considering we just outplayed them a few days back with basically the current teams. They don’t have any Dahlin or even OEL level player yet. Maybe they get NHL reinforcements though.

We will get out of the group. Think a QF exit is probable though.

krishiigonzalez

Jun 22, 2019
Berlin
Because I like what Jukka Jalonen is doing with the team. He is keeping the door open for some Finnish superstar players, which is not his style. I think that it will work and I think that Finland will win the gold, regardless of the home curse.

Medals:
1. Finland
2. Czech
3. Switzerland
4. Canada/Sweden - not sure which.

Group stage - group A:
1. Switzerland
2. Canada
3. Slovakia
4. Germany - Draisaitl will arrive later and help them achieve this 4th place of the group.

Group stage - group B:
1. Czech
2. Finland
3. Sweden
4. USA
Draisaitl already declined going to the WC this year.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Its time for USA - gold.
Take a look at their roster. Its not gonna happen. I wish them success aswell but lets be realistic. Switzerland or Canada is most likely to win it with Czechia and Finland as dark horses.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Group A:
1. Switzerland
2. Canada
3. Slovakia
4. Germany
5. Denmark
6. Kazakhstan
7. France
8. Italy

Group B:
1. Czechia
2. Finland
3. Sweden
4. USA
5. Latvia
6. Norway
7. Austria
8. Great Britain

Gold: Switzerland
Bronze: Finland

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Its time for USA - gold.
I obviously want my boys to win but I'd be legit happy if the US won. They've sent some real strong teams the last few tourneys (they had Kane and Matthews for one) and just can't seem to win it all. Such a strong program with the most baffling results of a Big 5.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
aside from Czechia
Our Forward group is nice and might get another good (Kampf) to great (Necas) to outstanding (Pastrnak) forward. Vejmelka should be a Top 5 calibre goalie here. However, our 2D is Radim Simek whom I'm a big fan of but he'd be the 5th to 7th best D on Sweden. I'm actually not sure if our 1D, Hronek, would crack your Top 3 - Dahlin, OEL and Larsson. And I love Hronek too but I have a clear bias towards all the Czechs.lol

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Our Forward group is nice and might get another good (Kampf) to great (Necas) to outstanding (Pastrnak) forward. Vejmelka should be a Top 5 calibre goalie here. However, our 2D is Radim Simek whom I'm a big fan of but he'd be the 5th to 7th best D on Sweden. I'm actually not sure if our 1D, Hronek, would crack your Top 3 - Dahlin, OEL and Larsson. And I love Hronek too but I have a clear bias towards all the Czechs.lol
I agree with everything you said. I think Hronek would be our 4D but that your forwards look great.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I agree with everything you said. I think Hronek would be our 4D but that your forwards look great.
Our big thing going in... when we are all making best on best rosters for the Olympics that never happened.. our 1 and 2C were Krejci and Hertl and there was reaaly no argument otherwise that I saw. Well, we have our 2 best C's here. That is huge for us.

I've always said I felt our Olympic best on best team could win a Skoda cup. This isn't completely our best on best team but we have more pieces from that kind of team than most. Swiss being an exception as well. If Josi (maybe he already has) joins them then we are all in trouble.haha

Reactions: jj cale

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Btw. going back to deep history. WCH ending with Number 2:

1972 Czechoslovakia Soviet Union Sweden
1982 Soviet Union Czechoslovakia Canada
1992 Sweden Finland Czechoslovakia
2002 Slovakia Russia Sweden
2012 Russia Slovakia Czech Republic
2022 ?

It must be a medal. And the logic says, it will be bronze.

Yeah, you could argue with Czechs and years before 1972... But still, it is clear.

Reactions: jaro

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Our big thing going in... when we are all making best on best rosters for the Olympics that never happened.. our 1 and 2C were Krejci and Hertl and there was reaaly no argument otherwise that I saw. Well, we have our 2 best C's here. That is huge for us.

I've always said I felt our Olympic best on best team could win a Skoda cup. This isn't completely our best on best team but we have more pieces from that kind of team than most. Swiss being an exception as well. If Josi (maybe he already has) joins them then we are all in trouble.haha
You guys might be ready to make some noise here this year.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad