zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
endras best goalie and MVP
dats best forward
nummelin best D

that's what they said on german tv

gmaledotcom

Feb 16, 2010
Vokoun best goalie and MVP by far. Datsyuk forward. D I have no idea since I didn't watch every game.

WeberStreit

Jan 31, 2008
Lol at best goalie and MVP for Endras. He didn't even play half of the games for Germany...

olliho

Apr 1, 2008
After the Finale Vokoun should have das the MVP, but it was decided befor the Final.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
endras best goalie and MVP
dats best forward
nummelin best D

that's what they said on german tv

Yup, and this is supposed to be the allstar team:

G Endras
D Nummelin
D Ehrhoff
F Datsyuk
F Malkin
F xxx (can't remember at all who was the third forward)

Lol at best goalie and MVP for Endras. He didn't even play half of the games for Germany...

How so?
Germany played nine games, Endras played 6 of them. I don't know about you, but to me that's easily more than half the games.

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
I would have handed best goalie to Endras (good in all his games and premier stats), but MVP should have been Vokoun, he won all the important games for his team.

But whatever the latter is to busy to celebrate the gold :)

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Two Germans in the all star team? That doesn't feel right.

Unlike the best players per position and the MVP, the allstar team is voted on by the media. Since the tournament was played in Germany, there may have been a bit of a bias because of more German journalists voting (if that's true).

I have no idea how anyone could say that Endras winning best goalie is something to laugh about. He had easily the best stats, and that's while playing for Germany!
Vokoun would have been a good choice as well, and maybe even the better choice as MVP, but then again, Germany reaching the semis came completely out of nowhere, and they kept up with any team they faced, that always gets you a boost in those votings. Not to mention that it was voted on before the final, so Vokoun didn't have the advantage of that big win.

olliho

Apr 1, 2008
Two Germans in the all star team? That doesn't feel right.

Yeah thats a bit too much, Ehrhoff was great for the Team but thats it. They should have picked a Czech instead of him. But Endras is ok, over all the tournament he was the best Keeper, not only because he has bye far the best Stats.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Is it that hard to understand that this was decided before the final.

Who cares about this anyway?

WeberStreit

Jan 31, 2008
Endras didn't play one game against Russia (Germany played them twice). If you just let him play against "weaker" teams, that's not really good for a MVP. Plus, Voukun was the MVP of the best team in the tournament, so that should have been a no-brainer.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Endras didn't play one game against Russia (Germany played them twice). If you just let him play against "weaker" teams, that's not really good for a MVP. Plus, Voukun was the MVP of the best team in the tournament, so that should have been a no-brainer.
Exactly. I thought Rolinek could have had Malkin's spot too. Four goals and great two-way play.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany

So?
He did play against Sweden, the USA, the strong Danes and the superior Swiss, that's more than enough quality.

Being MVP of the winner doesn't automatically make you overall MVP. Else you could end up with one player carrying a surprise team all alone to the final, while a better team went on to win with no one really standing out. Obviously the player who carried the weak team was much more valuable than the MVP of the eventual winner. Not saying that this is what happened here, but it shows that you logic is flat out wrong.

Maybe Vokoun should have been named MVP, but as was already mentioned, voting was done before the final and Vokoun didn't have a good preliminary round.

omaha82

May 20, 2010
Heidelberg, Germany
Endras won the quarter final. He showed some incredible saves, especially vs the US he had two very artistic moments. Since the team is voted together by the media beauty does count :) He deserved it. Ehrhoff is surprising. He played a great tournament though, his 2-1 score vs russia in the first game gave his team the moral for the rest of the tournament.

olliho

Apr 1, 2008

he played all the important Games, he played the "Auf Schalke" Game against the US, he played Denmark to avoid Relegation Round, he played Belarus,the Slovaks ,the Quater Final Swiss and the Bronze Game against Sweden.

He did not play the Semi against Russia, that was the only important Game where he was not in Goal.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

still mad that you lost against him :laugh:

Endras deserves it. look at his numbers and don't forget that Germany was happy to reach the quarter finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad