WC: Tournament All-Star Team & Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
http://www.iihf.com/competition/352...html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=7123&cHash=10c72be4c1

Individual Awards as selected by the Tournament Directorate
Best Goalkeeper: Jhonas Enroth, Sweden
Best Defenceman: Roman Josi, Switzerland
Best Forward: Petri Kontiola, Finland

All-Star Team selected by the media
GK: Jhonas Enroth, Sweden
DE: Roman Josi, Switzerland
DE: Julien Vauclair, Switzerland
FW: Petri Kontiola, Finland
FW: Paul Stastny, USA
FW: Henrik Sedin, Sweden
MVP: Roman Josi, Switzerland

Patchy

Jan 6, 2011
So all the Sedins got was one all-star selection?

That's plain embarrassing.

Never gonna take these awards seriously again that's for sure.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I think Gibson was the best goalie in the tournament. Played really really well. Josi was a treat to watch and he's well deserving of the MVP. The best player of the tournament how ever was Henrik Sedin. Damn was he good.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
So all the Sedins got was one all-star selection?

That's plain embarrassing.

Never gonna take these awards seriously again that's for sure.

The fact they played four games and Henrik made it in speak volumes. Henrik was also the slightly better brother, to be fair.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Henrik was better than his brother this time around. Daniel played great as well, but was kind of Hanks little helper in this tournament. Daniel also still look a little bit "snake-biten".

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Henrik was better than his brother this time around. Daniel played great as well, but was kind of Hanks little helper in this tournament. Daniel also still look a little bit "snake-biten".

He's not snake bitten, he hasn't been the same since the Duncan Keith elbow.

All through the past season Henrik has carried Daniel. Daniel isn't shooting as much and his shot isn't as lethal.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

that's been all year, something is definitively a bit off with Daniel

masa2009

May 11, 2011
I think Gibson was the best goalie in the tournament. Played really really well. Josi was a treat to watch and he's well deserving of the MVP. The best player of the tournament how ever was Henrik Sedin. Damn was he good.

I think Gibson was the best goalie too.
And I wonder if the fact that he played for a junior team (except for his short AHL stint) didn't play against him in the selection process.

Leizi

Jan 13, 2011
Finland
Congrats to the Swiss, hell of an effort. Kontiola could have been the MVP if he won us the bronze game but no. Sedins and Enroth saved the swedes. I wish Finland had consistent top NHL point scorers.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Every Preds fan loves Josi, but he has flown under the radar for most non-NSH/Swiss fans. I think people are starting to realize how good this kid is now.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think Gibson was the best goalie too.
And I wonder if the fact that he played for a junior team (except for his short AHL stint) didn't play against him in the selection process.

Probably more that Enroth was a big part of Sweden's gold and that he played over 100 more minutes than Gibson, posted a higher sv%, and had more shutouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad