Canada
United States
Switzerland[Good team Beat Canada last olympics and drew with Czechs]
Norway[Didn't look to bad few World Championships ago

GROUP B
Russia
Czech Republic
Slovakia[5-0 record in 06 before eliminated in QF]
Latvia[80% of the team plays for the same club side in the KHL meaning they could have built a lot of chemistry]

Which one is the toughest group

Hrad

Dec 30, 2009
Yeah Group B,

Btw you gotta love going 5-0 and then losing the first game that really counts.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
GROUP A
Canada
United States
Switzerland[Good team Beat Canada last olympics and drew with Czechs]
Norway[Didn't look to bad few World Championships ago

GROUP B
Russia
Czech Republic
Slovakia[5-0 record in 06 before eliminated in QF]
Latvia[80% of the team plays for the same club side in the KHL meaning they could have built a lot of chemistry]

Which one is the toughest group

Why no metion of Group C?
Sweden
Finland
Belarus
Germany

I think if Belarus had a full healthy roster that they could prove to be a tough test.

As it stands right now I would put groups B, A, C in that order

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Why no metion of Group C?
Sweden
Finland
Belarus
Germany

I think if Belarus had a full healthy roster that they could prove to be a tough test.

As it stands right now I would put groups B, A, C in that order

Because Germany has played bad in the last couple of years and Belarus has top three players injured.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Because Germany has played bad in the last couple of years and Belarus has top three players injured.

I mentioned if Belarus had a healthy team they would be a tough test for any team. That's not a reason though to ask the question which group is the toughest and not list all the groups

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
I say C actually. Germany and Belarus could surprise. A is second, though it will probably be Canada. Russia will win their group easily.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Hmm, the way the groups are set up, the 8D-9D qualification playoff game could be pretty interesting. Will be two pretty good teams against each other methinks.

ZZM

Nov 16, 2009
Stockholm
Teams like Switzerland and Latvia are dangerous nations in World champions games, but now when all the other "big" teams can play with all their best, Switzerland and Latvia still got almost the same WCH team..

Belarus can be a threat, especially to team Sweden (and russia,if they play). I think this team is better now... whos injured? Kostitsyn?

The groups are intresting.. 3 groups, 3 "different" styles (top teams).
But im not sure if really like it...

I would say B, because Russia, Czech and Slovakia are pretty much similar, even if Russia got the strongest team on paper.

Sweden will also have some problem in their group, Not easy to play against Finland, and probably not Belarus..

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
Just had a good laugh.
A surprise would be if Germany does not lose every game in a devastating manner.

I know the roster isn't very impressive, but I think they could pull off a Switzerland-style upset of a top nation.

Dfire

Oct 17, 2008
Just had a good laugh.
A surprise would be if Germany does not lose every game in a devastating manner.

yeah me too. I'm pretty sure we'll get smashed with a double-digit score by Belarus . And that's being optimistic. Because that's what we germans are known for: Optimism.

I know the roster isn't very impressive,....

I don't think you know much about the roster. You just look at the roster and see mostly non-NHL players. but you're right

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Another thing is that in the quarters one of the winners of group A and C can potentially square off with Russia, Sloavakia or Czechs in the quarterfinals.

Kaktus*

Group B hands down.

Not quite
Canada=Russia
USA> Czech
Slovakia>Swiss
Latvia>Norway

I agree with you but I also think that 1st two in group A is very strong or stronger then 1st two in group B. Even if Canada=Russia which I agree with.

USA is a lot better then Czech.

Maybe, A & B are even?

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I agree with you but I also think that 1st two in group A is very strong or stronger then 1st two in group B. Even if Canada=Russia which I agree with.

USA is a lot better then Czech.

Maybe, A & B are even?

Czechs showed bad results in the last 2-3 years but it doesn't mean a lot. They proved in 98 they can beat anybody with any roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad