Pre-Game Talk: Tough weekend ahead - Wild and Red Wings

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The game in St Paul Saturday afternoon is going to be tough enough but I am not thrilled the Red Wings will be at home resting waiting for the B's to fly in and then play Sunday afternoon. I am hopeful the B's can get 3 points this weekend.

The Wild are a desperate team right now as they have lost 7 in a row and fallen out of a playoff spot.

xsVtMh9.png
yKm6kLF.png

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
The game in St Paul Saturday afternoon is going to be tough enough but I am not thrilled the Red Wings will be at home resting waiting for the B's to fly in and then play Sunday afternoon. I am hopeful the B's can get 3 points this weekend.

The Wild are a desperate team right now as they have lost 7 in a row and fallen out of a playoff spot.

xsVtMh9.png
yKm6kLF.png

In the east, the Bruins have given up the most goals for any currently playoff bound teams. But are 2nd to only Washington for goals for.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Very big game against the Wings... If we're only going to win one make it that one.

Winning two would be huge. Losing two, well, obviously. The pack is starting to falter, a lot will be making decisions on whether to go for it or sell on deadline day. Would like to still be #2/3 in the division at the deadline.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Very big game against the Wings... If we're only going to win one make it that one.

Winning two would be huge. Losing two, well, obviously. The pack is starting to falter, a lot will be making decisions on whether to go for it or sell on deadline day. Would like to still be #2/3 in the division at the deadline.

Scary situation.If Boston sells off good prospects on this group it could set franchise back years.Not a group I feel good about gambling on this year.Rather minor moves and hope for best with prospects invsystem intact.Just my take.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Personally, while probably in the minority, I keep Eriksson and am indifferent of resigning the guy. I think keeping him is essentially our deadline day move along with a dman. If we have to part with say a 2nd and koko for someone half solid, I roll the dice. Move no 1st rounders unless we are getting something great at the back end that is also not a rental.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Injured Patrice Bergeron questionable vs. Wild

“You don’t like seeing your star players [fight],†Julien said. “But you also understand that it’s an emotional game. There’s stuff that happens. At one point, the player says, ‘Enough is enough. I’m going to stand up for myself there.’ From what I gathered, there was a lot of slashes behind the legs behind the play. He took it upon himself. As much as you don’t like it, you can’t tell him he’s not allowed. He’s a big boy. He can certainly make some decisions on the ice. It’s not the first time he’s fought. But I like the fact he doesn’t fight much.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...onable-wild/ER4wZZaQY4OLATZ9YQJMCM/story.html

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
The Wild are 1-10-2 in their last 13 games

And only 6 wins in there last 25 games

And haven't won a home game since December 28th

Yikes

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Wild are 1-10-2 in their last 13 games

And only 6 wins in there last 25 games

And haven't won a home game since December 28th

Yikes

Needless to say this is a must win for Minnesota. My gut says Gus gets the start.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Needless to say this is a must win for Minnesota. My gut says Gus gets the start.

Minnesota has had several must win games for about 10 straight games now and they still keep losing

Hopefully Boston can give them 1 more L

I think we see Gus as well

Although

Gus career vs Wings

3-0-0 1.96 .945%

Tuukka career vs Wings

5-5-1 2.70 .898%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad