Torts on the radio NOW

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Are you happy right now with your team? "No." "I think we need to be better, more willing...a stiffer team to play against." "Yesterday, as far as stiffness is concerned, I think we were over matched at times."

RUSF18

Nov 10, 2010
Are you happy right now with your team? "No." "I think we need to be better, more willing...a stiffer team to play against." "Yesterday, as far as stiffness is concerned, I think we were over matched at times."

Yeah, I came in late, but besides this, he said he's still planning on getting Biron some playing time despite the few back-to-backs remaining. Hank can't practice with the same intensity (focusing on technicals) when he's playing this much. Said Hank gets lazy (maybe he said sloppy? either way, not complimentary) at times.

He was very happy we're done with Boston.

Last edited:

Malarowski

Jul 25, 2012
Also mentioned that he was playing a very short bench, but trading Rupper allowed him to play more people. Rupper apparently was too slow for the team and thus couldn't be used much. The 'kids' allowed much more speed and now he is able to use more lines than ever before, which seems to work.

On Giannone: "Pay attention to the game, man! It was a knuckleball, would be an easy catch if he paid attention"

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Yeah, I came in late, but besides this, he said he's still planning on getting Biron some playing time despite the few back-to-backs remaining. Hank can't practice with the same intensity (focusing on technicals) when he's playing this much. Said Hank gets lazy at times.

I thought he said Hank gets sloppy in practice when he plays too much. Don't remember him saying lazy.

RUSF18

Nov 10, 2010
I thought he said Hank gets sloppy in practice when he plays too much. Don't remember him saying lazy.

I edited my comment, just in case, as I may have misheard. Whatever word he used, he wasn't taking a shot at Hank...it was just in reference to him needing practice time separate from when he's prepping for a game.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
We didn't look stiff enough to play against because we were playing against the monsters that are the Bruins.

THe Bruins are the only team I truly don't want to see in the playoffs in the East. The only weakness there is that the defense turns the puck over.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
We didn't look stiff enough to play against because we were playing against the monsters that are the Bruins.

THe Bruins are the only team I truly don't want to see in the playoffs in the East. The only weakness there is that the defense turns the puck over.
We still tend to beat them a lot. This year has been a down year so far and we still beat them 2 out of 3

Drewbackatu*

Overmatched???? That might be the understatement of the season so far! There'll be a ice storm in july before we are able to match the Bruins and teams like them below the hash-marks.

Drewbackatu*

We still tend to beat them a lot. This year has been a down year so far and we still beat them 2 out of 3

That's regular season dude. If we played the Bruins in a playoffs, they'd run over us like a freight train.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Drew, the ray of sunshine shows up again. You're another one, who I have no idea why you're even watching the Rangers. All you post is how much they suck. I think the Bruins are a great team. I don't think they're some unbeatable juggernaut come playoff time. They haven't had any playoff success except the year they won the cup. If you think we'll get run over by them and teams like them, why are you watching? What's the point?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Yeah, Bruins are among the elite teams. Not sure why it's a poor reflection on us if we don't beat them 5-0 every time.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
He also mentioned that Gaby should take a look at Hags and try to move his feet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad