Tortorella catches himself

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The jackets have had a really tough schedusl to start the year... really tough look at the teams we played. The reason they did so bad last year was that we had 0 defense and after a slow start guys were not giving it there best. They brought in torts who made the players take accountability for their actions and gave no one special treatment. We then made of each of our 2 best moves ever in trading ryjo who IMO was a extremely talented player but very lazy here, can't speak for how he is in Nashville the trade might have made him mature. But after getting Jones and getting players healthy the team played great down the stretch and having a actual off season to implement his system they have played great as a team.

I will never understand the hate he gets other then the fact he coached 2 teams that a lot of fans hate in the Rangers and Canucks. I have been a fan of his for a long time and thought he was great in TB, NY, and was the WORST possible coach for the Canucks because at that time they were the softest most finesse team in the league. The only player that fit his system was Kesler and the way the front office handled that team after the cup run basically ran Kesler out of town but Torts was blamed for the team doing bad. The Sedins are HOFers but they should not be on the PK.

Basically the best way to find out if Torts is doing great well... ask a CBJ fan. All the fans that were open about him or on the fence approve and the ones on the fence were the ones that hated him but still think he's doing great this year and see how much better we have gotten because him not despite him.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I like when he uses a fast forechecking as opposed to the "all hands on defense" approach.

As far as the person, he's just a hardcore guy. I played pretty well under some coahes with that fire.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
**** Tortorella, He'll be leading Columbus no where. Only a matter of time before the overrated bum is fired.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
And the team you follow has picked where in the past let's say 6 years? Torts is actually leading the team forward in a direction we have never really had the privilege of believing was possible in our short existence. Turned one of the worst defensive teams in the league to one of the best.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
He is doing a great job with Columbus this season.

His failure with Vancouver said more about the team he was coaching than it did about himself.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
He is doing a great job with Columbus this season.

His failure with Vancouver said more about the team he was coaching than it did about himself.
I believe this so hard haha. I was half living in Vancouver when he was hired and went to 20+ games a year from 09 until the year he was there and that team just was the worst possible place for him to coach. Polar opposites.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Basically the best way to find out if Torts is doing great well... ask a CBJ fan. All the fans that were open about him or on the fence approve and the ones on the fence were the ones that hated him but still think he's doing great this year and see how much better we have gotten because him not despite him.

Yep. This. Still can't stand the guy normally and would still prefer Ralph Krueger, but he's unquestionably doing an effective job right now. I'm not convinced it lasts, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I actually think behind the tantrums and occasional foolishness is actually a very good head coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00