Toronto vs. Edmonton. What disappoints you more?

What disappointed you more?

• Total voters

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
As an oilers fan I’m just disappointed in the team in general good god have they ever been awful to watch for too long

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Ref missed a too many men call by your bench in the 3rd as well. I don't feel bad for you. Also our powerplay has been horrid. If we scored on you thats a you problem. Habs had more goals against us on our own powerplays.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
What goes around comes around. The Stützle call for ‘tripping’ Muzzin on Saturday was brutal, in the final minutes of the game. You aren’t getting any sympathy here.
It's funny how you forget or are choosing to ignore that after Ottawa made it a 3-2 game they were given a power play and had a chance to tie that game before that tripping call on Stutzle. Plus the fact Ottawa also had a 5v3 for 1:20 when they were losing 2-1 and failed to score. So nice try but what happened against Edmonton and that horrible call on Muzzin is nothing like that game against Ottawa.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
It's funny how you forget or are choosing to ignore that after Ottawa made it a 3-2 game they were given a power play and had a chance to tie that game before that tripping call on Stutzle. Plus the fact Ottawa also had a 5v3 for 1:20 when they were losing 2-1 and failed to score. So nice try but what happened against Edmonton and that horrible call on Muzzin is nothing like that game against Ottawa.
Actually the Ottawa game was even worse, because they missed an obvious interference call on Muzzin crosschecking Stutzle when he didn't even have the puck (a play that put Stutzle out with an injury), only for them to call that weak trip on Stutzle his very next shift. But I guess continue to think the league is out to screw the Leafs. Bad calls/non-calls happen every game, hockey is a fast-paced sport, refs little to no time to think about whether or not to call what they see.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Hey mods the votes are getting pretty lopsided here. Lock it down the OP is just having a pity party it seems

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Actually the Ottawa game was even worse, because they missed an obvious interference call on Muzzin crosschecking Stutzle when he didn't even have the puck (a play that put Stutzle out with an injury), only for them to call that weak trip on Stutzle his very next shift. But I guess continue to think the league is out to screw the Leafs. Bad calls/non-calls happen every game, hockey is a fast-paced sport, refs little to no time to think about whether or not to call what they see.
Muzzin not getting a penalty for that trip on Stutzle wasn't why Ottawa lost and I'm sure you would admit how they had a lot of chances before that to tie that game. Even in the last 30 seconds after Toronto's power play was over Ottawa had some good scoring chances.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's kind of ironic after what happened with Muzzin and the Sens, as I'm sure others have pointed out.
There is a major difference.

Yes Muzzin got away with a trip on Stutzle, however tonight the replay clearly showed it was Yamamoto who tripped Kahun and it was even mentioned after Edmonton scored that power play goal.

So the Muzzin trip against Ottawa was a missed call and tonight the penalty on him was the wrong call.

Also like I said before last Saturday against Ottawa you seem to forgot how the Senators had a 5v3 for 1:20 when they were losing 2-1 and they even had a power play in the 3rd period after Stutzle scored his first NHL goal. So it's not like they didn't have their chances to tie the game.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018

Yes Muzzin got away with a trip on Stutzle, however tonight the replay clearly showed it was Yamamoto who tripped Kahun and it was even mentioned after Edmonton scored that power play goal.

So the Muzzin trip against Ottawa was a missed call and tonight the penalty on him was the wrong call.

Also like I said before last Saturday against Ottawa you seem to forgot how the Senators had a 5v3 for 1:20 when they were losing 2-1 and they even had a power play in the 3rd period after Stutzle scored his first NHL goal. So it's not like they didn't have their chances to tie the game.

Reactions: snowkiddin

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I never said Ottawa deserved to win the game, so please don’t put words in my mouth. I personally don’t do that kind of thing when it comes to officiating because it’s 60 minutes and a call rarely decides an entire game.

I do find it funny that you guys are screaming at a call to Muzzin when in our previous match-up, he avoids the most obvious call in the universe and then draws the worst call in the universe seconds later at a very key time during the game.

Technically it was two blown calls in close succession but whatever, that’s hockey. Karma comes around I guess.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I never said Ottawa deserved to win the game, so please don’t put words in my mouth. I personally don’t do that kind of thing when it comes to officiating because it’s 60 minutes and a call rarely decides an entire game.

I do find it funny that you guys are screaming at a call to Muzzin when in our previous match-up, he avoids the most obvious call in the universe and then draws the worst call in the universe seconds later at a very key time during the game.

Technically it was two blown calls in close succession but whatever, that’s hockey. Karma comes around I guess.

To be honest, I don't think criticizing one makes the other untouchable. All bad calls in their own way.

Refs are human, but I do wish they only made calls on what they saw happen, and not what they think happened. Muzzin's penalties for and against were both examples where the ref saw a player fall, and made an assumption. I'd rather they miss more calls but also not guess.

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
To be honest, I don't think criticizing one makes the other untouchable. All bad calls in their own way.

Refs are human, but I do wish they only made calls on what they saw happen, and not what they think happened. Muzzin's penalties for and against were both examples where the ref saw a player fall, and made an assumption. I'd rather they miss more calls but also not guess.

It sucks when a bad call happens to you, granted.

You end up a bit bemused when it happens in favour of your team. And it's easy to accept the unfairness of it because you know there will be calls later on that go against you, so it evens out.

But there's no real value in spending time and effort in criticizing officiating. What is going to change, really? There have been bad calls since hockey was invented.

The only reason I commented was because I noticed it was Muzzin - but that in and of itself isn't that surprising because he's on the ice so much.

Reactions: Redwingsfan

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
both teams are similar in that they continue to disappoint, despite having amazing top end talent and high draft picks. I don't believe either are even close to cup contenders.

what happened last night was a disgrace however. Oilers scored the winning goal on a PP awarded to them, where one Oiler tripped another Oiler. Marner was also given a penalty for touching someone (I kid you not). Edmonton's PP can't be held down forever. It was a BS call and it won them the hockey game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad