Proposal: Toronto - Vancouver

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
He has sucked so far, but it's been 2 games. He can still redeem himself with a few good games. He needs a partner, so does Gardiner. Hainsey and Zaitsev aren't good enough. I'm hoping for Weber, he's a true stopper.

Well, let's see if he can bring his team to win Games 3 and 4.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Well, let's see if he can bring his team to win Games 3 and 4.
We hope he can, we know tanev cant considering he wouldnt be playing.

I'll offer to the Nucks a Conditional first round pick that drops a round for every 10 games he misses over the season. If he plays 80 games its 2 firsts. plays at least 10 playoff games add a second.

potentially 2 firsts and a second.

how trusting are you in his health, really?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
We hope he can, we know tanev cant considering he wouldnt be playing.

I'll offer to the Nucks a Conditional first round pick that drops a round for every 10 games he misses over the season. If he plays 80 games its 2 firsts. plays at least 10 playoff games add a second.

potentially 2 firsts and a second.

how trusting are you in his health, really?

Not much. I'm not saying he should be worth more than a really late first-rounder. Not agreeing to all the Liljegren, Kapanen stuff.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Tanev to the Leafs is sucha home run deal for both sides. Canucks should get a 1st maybe a lesser prospect and a lesser pick. Push the 1st to 2019 if you have to.

Toss it to Tanti

Mar 24, 2018
Me neither, which is why if the leafs traded for him (id prefer others), i would hope theres some serious games played conditions on it.

Thats an interesting deal...

Something like 2018 1st + 2019 2nd (turns to 3rd if less than 70 games played) + Andrew Nielson for Tanev + 2018 3rd?

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Tanev and Edler do. Gudbranson does not. And idk maybe the reason the Leafs GAA was better is because Andersen is a million times better than Markstrom and Nilsson

Would the addition of either Sparks or Pickard help grease the wheels in a trade for Tanev?

Sparks:
2017-2018Toronto Maple LeafsNHL0--|
Toronto MarliesAHL431.79.936
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Pickard:
2017-2018Toronto Maple LeafsNHL13.81.857|
Toronto MarliesAHL332.31.918
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Courtesy of CapFriendly.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Would the addition of either Sparks or Pickard help grease the wheels in a trade for Tanev?

Sparks:
2017-2018Toronto Maple LeafsNHL0--|
Toronto MarliesAHL431.79.936
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Pickard:
2017-2018Toronto Maple LeafsNHL13.81.857|
Toronto MarliesAHL332.31.918
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Courtesy of CapFriendly.
Nope. Absolutely zero interest in goaltending.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
As a Canucks fan I don’t have any desire to trade Tanev at all. We need grizzled vets and he’s our best one now. Every time he’s out of the lineup it becomes obvious how important he is to the team. I don’t like the message trading him would send to the room. It would have to be a very strong offer to convince me it’s a good idea to trade him.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
We don't need to overpay for him.....so there is that.

You either pay the price to get the good players or you pay the price of losing in the playoffs. Nobody in their right mind would’ve picked that defense to win a round. The young Leafs will learn that defense tightens up in the playoffs which exposes their biggest weakness however there are other options than just Tanev. What about Gudbranson for a 1st?

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
You either pay the price to get the good players or you pay the price of losing in the playoffs. Nobody in their right mind would’ve picked that defense to win a round. The young Leafs will learn that defense tightens up in the playoffs which exposes their biggest weakness however there are other options than just Tanev. What about Gudbranson for a 1st?
Leaf fans may be down because of a bad 2 games. But we aren't crazy enough to drink the Canuck-Kool-aid on their player value.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Tanev is like a 2/3 D. I never heard someone say Tanev will be a perfect compliment to a puck mover. If you are indicating Tanev can't move the puck becuase of his stats. Then you are 100% wrong. Tanev can move the puck out of his own zone really well. That's one of strength. It depends how you rank 1st and 2nd pairing. Most likely Tanev will not have the most ice time because he doesn't play the pp. But can carry a defense pairing and play against top lines.

Don’t nit pick. You know what I mean. Tanev isn’t the go to guy. Especially as it pertains to the offensive side of the game. He’s a complimentary defense first guy on a top pairing like I said. Perhaps my vernacular confuses you. When I say puck mover I refer to an offense first d man as opposed to a shutdown defender who is a defense first guy. Tanev is definitely the latter. Not knocking him at all....quite the opposite as I think he’s very good in his own end and gets a lot of heat because of injuries. When he plays he’s very effective in his role.

Last edited:

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
gudbranson for a first? Are you f***ing kidding me? I wouldn't trade a 4th for that useless trash.

We would pay a fair price for a good player, then you offer us somebody who wouldn't be first pairing on the marlies? What a joke.

Nobody is going to give you A assets for a guy who can't stay healthy and f***ing nobody is going to give you even a C asset for gudbranson. Go talk to chia, I'm sure Benning can throw some second rounders for Lucic

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
gudbranson for a first? Are you ****ing kidding me? I wouldn't trade a 4th for that useless trash.

We would pay a fair price for a good player, then you offer us somebody who wouldn't be first pairing on the marlies? What a joke.

Nobody is going to give you A assets for a guy who can't stay healthy and ****ing nobody is going to give you even a C asset for gudbranson. Go talk to chia, I'm sure Benning can throw some second rounders for Lucic

I lol'd.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Way too much for a often injured defenceman. Sorry Van fans but in the end you will be surprised what he brings if he is traded. From the Leafs standpoint, even if they are sweeped from the playoffs this is a process and Tanev does not fit that process. For the pieces the OP lists, there would be many better options. Tor has good forwards, good goaler, couple of nice pieces on the backend but they need much more depth back there. The distance this franchise has come in just a few years there is no point rushing now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad