Pre-Game Talk: Toronto v NYR | Monday @ 7pm | SNO

• Thread starter Kessley Snipes*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
This. The Rangers are a great team despite everything going on around them (Gaborik, Torts) There really coming on now and Henrik Lundqvist is playing out of his mind. I would be scared of the rangers if i were one of the top 3 seeds... they added a lot of depth and they could make a nice little run in the playoffs. Should be a good two games lets win at least one.

i hate the rangers. I dont know how sather keeps giving these contracts out and someone comes along and bails his ass out(Gomez,Gaborik)

In saying that I think columbus gave up too much and with the signing of clowe
and with Staal coming back for the playoffs and their goaltending my prediction

Rangers will come out of the East.(i could puke saying that)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i honestly feel, should we take 4 points (or even 3) from the Rangers heading into Saturday against (the Devils again? Montreal?)

4th could be in our sights.

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
i honestly feel, should we take 4 points (or even 3) from the Rangers heading into Saturday against (the Devils again? Montreal?)

4th could be in our sights.
Rangers Monday, Rangers Wednesday, Habs Saturday and then the Devils again on Monday the 15th.

Huge games. All winnable.

When we lost to the Rangers earlier in the year, our D pairings weren't that great (Kostka vs the big line...for 30 minutes lmao) and it was all Gabby, Nash and Richards. Gaborik's gone so hopefully that helps us out a bit.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Rangers Monday, Rangers Wednesday, Habs Saturday and then the Devils again on Monday the 15th.

Huge games. All winnable.

When we lost to the Rangers earlier in the year, our D pairings weren't that great (Kostka vs the big line...for 30 minutes lmao) and it was all Gabby, Nash and Richards. Gaborik's gone so hopefully that helps us out a bit.

I've been saying that too. We lost the Rangers game by ourselves. (stopped skating for a good 15 minutes, where they woke up).

now i think we could do well..
ugh. I hate wednesday games. it throws me off!

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
back to back wins would be huge here in pushing the Rags back a few spots.

But to point out, the Rags have been playing super well recently.

no one question my fan hood i'm a die hard fan probably a little over board but i'm straight up hoping for a loss. Leafs need to finish 6th or 7th in the conference not 5th! Boston is a HORRIBLE match up for the leafs, I would rather play the pens then Boston.

edit nvm I always want a win but ffs I really don't want to play boston in the first round

Penalty Kill Icing*

If anyone had trouble on ourleafs on Saturday, all should be fine tomorrow. :)

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
I've been saying that too. We lost the Rangers game by ourselves. (stopped skating for a good 15 minutes, where they woke up).

now i think we could do well..
ugh. I hate wednesday games. it throws me off!

Exactly! We were up 2-0 and we were playing awful. If we stick to the game plan I could see us winning both games. In the unfortunate case that we drop both games, we'd still be ahead of them due to tie breaker.

But winning would be nice.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
If the Leafs go 5-5 from here on out (or take a total of 10 points), the Leafs are a virtual lock for the playoffs.

Penalty Kill Icing*

4 of next 6 are at home. Really need to take advantage and get it done here. If we want to be in as a 5th seed, I am pretty sure we also need to get X besides name with 4 games left.

Maybe my post won't make sense because our home record is actually worse. :(

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
If the Leafs go 5-5 from here on out (or take a total of 10 points), the Leafs are a virtual lock for the playoffs.

Look at the team's we play. Rangers twice, Isles twice, Jersey again... we could clinch a lot sooner than people think if we beat those guys.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Look at the team's we play. Rangers twice, Isles twice, Jersey again... we could clinch a lot sooner than people think if we beat those guys.

We only play the Isles one more time on the 18th, we play Washington after the Devils

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
We only play the Isles one more time on the 18th, we play Washington after the Devils
You're right. I thought the Florida game at the end of the year was Isles for some reason.

That's even easier though lol :laugh:

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
4 of next 6 are at home. Really need to take advantage and get it done here. If we want to be in as a 5th seed, I am pretty sure we also need to get X besides name with 4 games left.

Maybe my post won't make sense because our home record is actually worse. :(

10-7-2, how is that worse? our road record is almost the same with 11-6-2

@Doshy Definitely

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
For sure. But those guys will be desperate, making them even more dangerous as opponents.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
i hate the rangers. I dont know how sather keeps giving these contracts out and someone comes along and bails his ass out(Gomez,Gaborik)

In saying that I think columbus gave up too much and with the signing of clowe
and with Staal coming back for the playoffs and their goaltending my prediction

Rangers will come out of the East.(i could puke saying that)

7.5 for Gaborik is not a ridiculous contract. He's the 3rd best goal scorer since the lockout in 2005. He had 86 points, 76 points, as well as 2 40 goal seasons with us. He was worth every penny. I can't see us losing any of these next 2. Good luck fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad