Toronto stands with New Zealand and Humanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Not trying to diminish the heinous crime, but this is a hockey forum, not twitter.

Not to diminish BUT.... you felt like you wanted to diminish so you tried?

I think if we can live with threads that ask about tourist things to do while visiting Toronto, we can tolerate one that offers some good will towards our fellow humans who may be suffering in sadness, shock and fear.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
salute, blessings to all. video was disgusting. rest in peace to the victims, quick recovery to the injured.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
I wanted to offer my voice of support to Muslim communities across Toronto and the globe.

Regardless of our religious beliefs (or in the case of myself and others, our lack thereof), we will all stand with you in grief and in hope for the future.

This ignorant, terrorist murderer does not reflect our common values of humanity.
Very kind.
Did you do this for
Pulse
San Bernadino
Charlie Hebdo
Newtown
Why Not?
Too many I guess
Hockey Site

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Very kind.
Did you do this for
Pulse
San Bernadino
Charlie Hebdo
Newtown
Why Not?
Too many I guess
Hockey Site

We had a politics forum on this site that has since been closed.

I was horrified at each of those and expressed support for those victims, families and humanity. As I am sure you would have done.

Also spoke out about Charlottesville and Trump’s rhetoric with every tweet. Including how he claimed just hours ago that white nationalism is not on the rise.

I’m not arguing with you... just letting you know that we had a place to discuss these issues and that place was closed.

Expressing our collective support for the Muslim community we cheer with shouldn’t really cause concern should it?

Reminds me of the few that complained about the amber alert.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
We had a politics forum on this site that has since been closed.

I was horrified at each of those and expressed support for those victims, families and humanity. As I am sure you would have done.

Also spoke out about Charlottesville and Trump’s rhetoric with every tweet. Including how he claimed just hours ago that white nationalism is not on the rise.

I’m not arguing with you... just letting you know that we had a place to discuss these issues and that place was closed.

Expressing our collective support for the Muslim community we cheer with shouldn’t really cause concern should it?

Reminds me of the few that complained about the amber alert.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Terrible senseless violence from the radical left as he self identified in his manifesto. Horrible tragedy and loss of life.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
He's not asking for praise. He's just offering a place to show his support.

I'm not surprised this is being met with resistance though, we couldn't even get through a game celebrating women without some posters bitching about it.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Not to diminish BUT.... you felt like you wanted to diminish so you tried?

I think if we can live with threads that ask about tourist things to do while visiting Toronto, we can tolerate one that offers some good will towards our fellow humans who may be suffering in sadness, shock and fear.
Reminds me of the "I'm not trying to defend person X, but here's my paragraph defending person X..."

Henchmen 21

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
He's not asking for praise. He's just offering a place to show his support.

I'm not surprised this is being met with resistance though, we couldn't even get through a game celebrating women without some posters *****ing about it.
Correct me if I'm wrong but that was a hockey game correct? Like the hockey in this websites name. I agree that it was shameful how some people reacted to that game, but theres a reason why it was discussed here, it was a hockey game. Far as I can tell it was a mosque that got attacked, not rexall place

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The sentiment is much appreciated but this topic can veer into a political discussion, so I'm going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad