Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Anyone even likes Craig Button?

I'm starting to find him working his way into the Pierre Mcguire Hall of Fame. Perhaps his bold prediction last year: "MTL won't even win a game against the Toronto Maple Leafs" did it for me. He talks a lot, but he really doesn't say whole lot.

dbr2

Lockout Beard
Mar 12, 2008
NJ
Buffoon Hockey Personalities:

Marek
Friedman

Not so happy to hear:

Dreger
Button
Miller

God Awful Hall of fame:

Pierre Mcguire (now VP for the Ottawa Sens lol)

Dreger has become terrible and talks out of his ass. Sometimes I swear he doesn’t think before he speaks and Ray calls him out on some of it. Button tries to come off as a hard ass, but right after he’s finished his rant you hear him chuckle a nervous laugh. Get real man, no one believes you.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Dreger has become terrible and talks out of his ass. Sometimes I swear he doesn’t think before he speaks and Ray calls him out on some of it. Button tries to come off as a hard ass, but right after he’s finished his rant you hear him chuckle a nervous laugh. Get real man, no one believes you.

Dreger is insufferable, cut him out years ago. The guy comes across as if he's wearing a mask every time he speaks, I don't think I've ever heard anything insightful come out of his mouth when it comes to the actual game of hockey. Wouldn't surprise at all if he didn't even watch the sport.

I was disappointed to see Ray working with Dreger on their podcast. Dreger isn't anywhere near the same planet as Ferraro when it comes to analysis. He doesn't offer any at all.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Buffoon Hockey Personalities:

Marek
Friedman

Not so happy to hear:

Dreger
Button
Miller

God Awful Hall of fame:

Pierre Mcguire (now VP for the Ottawa Sens lol)

I like Miller when he is calling games, especially the World Juniors. Considering how much I dislike most media personalities, that puts him fairly high on my list.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I like Miller when he is calling games, especially the World Juniors. Considering how much I dislike most media personalities, that puts him fairly high on my list.
He's excellent as an announcer. When he isn't accouncing though, he acts extremely arrogant.
Also with Overdrive returning from Holidays tomorrow, Jamie's mood should be interesting with whats going on with the Oilers.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
He's excellent as an announcer. When he isn't accouncing though, he acts extremely arrogant.
Also with Overdrive returning from Holidays tomorrow, Jamie's mood should be interesting with whats going on with the Oilers.

oooohh yeah, I may actually make a point to tune in to see that. How delicious it would be, real Leaf success coupled with Oiler failure. Me likey.

dbr2

Lockout Beard
Mar 12, 2008
NJ
Dreger is insufferable, cut him out years ago. The guy comes across as if he's wearing a mask every time he speaks, I don't think I've ever heard anything insightful come out of his mouth when it comes to the actual game of hockey. Wouldn't surprise at all if he didn't even watch the sport.

I was disappointed to see Ray working with Dreger on their podcast. Dreger isn't anywhere near the same planet as Ferraro when it comes to analysis. He doesn't offer any at all.
That’s why I hated how he is labeled as an “insider” especially when he was next to Bobby Mac. Guy isn’t in the same league as Bobby Margarita.

Re: Noodles. Holy shit guy never stops talking. Ever.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
One of Noodles' many annoying habits is when he poses a question to the panel, gives no one else a chance to answer and proceeds to ramble on and on answering his own question.

Just soak up all the airtime.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Anyone want a Margarita?
bobby-margarita.jpg

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Marek is a definite clown ... Fake it to Make it ( his motto )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad