NBA Toronto Raptors thread

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They finished 5 games ahead with Wall missing half the year.

Raps finished further ahead of Cavs and stand no chance.

#HFlogic
I just don't know what you think the Raptors are going to accomplish against a LeBron James led team when literally nothing they've shown in the first round against Washington lends me to believe they're any different than any of the previous playoff years.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I just don't know what you think the Raptors are going to accomplish against a LeBron James led team when literally nothing they've shown in the first round against Washington lends me to believe they're any different than any of the previous playoff years.

How are they going to manufacture points elsewhere without Kyrie? In the last 2 playoffs vs the Raptors, Irving averaged 24.2 PPG (2016) and 22.3 PPG (2017).

The Cavs bench is terrible. They traded for a bunch of guys with NO playoff experience. Ty Lue is terrible.

The Raptors are a TEAM. Cleveland is basically a bunch of individuals that stand around and say SAVE US LEBRON

They can't keep getting away with this.

But of course because it's LEBRON we're supposed to be afraid of this team? Please.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
How are they going to manufacture points elsewhere without Kyrie? In the last 2 playoffs vs the Raptors, Irving averaged 24.2 PPG (2016) and 22.3 PPG (2017).

The Cavs bench is terrible. They traded for a bunch of guys with NO playoff experience. Ty Lue is terrible.

The Raptors are a TEAM. Cleveland is basically a bunch of individuals that stand around and say SAVE US LEBRON

They can't keep getting away with this.

But of course because it's LEBRON we're supposed to be afraid of this team? Please.
We can say all we want how Cleveland is struggling with Indiana in the 1st round but the #1 seed is going to six games with the Washington Wizards, with a very real possibility of going 7. That doesn't incite confidence at all.

The Wizards are John Wall and Bradley Beal, that's it. Five games in, only three players besides Wall and Beal have scored 15+ points:

Morris in game 1 with 22
Scott in game 2 with 20
Gortat in game 3 with 16

That's all. And the Raptors are STILL heading to game 6. I will take LeBron James over a Wall/Beal combo any day of the week. There isn't enough to me to suggest the Raptors will actually beat LeBron. And yes, because it's LeBron you're supposed to be worried about him. He's the best player in the world.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
We can say all we want how Cleveland is struggling with Indiana in the 1st round but the #1 seed is going to six games with the Washington Wizards, with a very real possibility of going 7. That doesn't incite confidence at all.

The Wizards are John Wall and Bradley Beal, that's it. Five games in, only three players besides Wall and Beal have scored 15+ points:

Morris in game 1 with 22
Scott in game 2 with 20
Gortat in game 3 with 16

That's all. And the Raptors are STILL heading to game 6. I will take LeBron James over a Wall/Beal combo any day of the week. There isn't enough to me to suggest the Raptors will actually beat LeBron. And yes, because it's LeBron you're supposed to be worried about him. He's the best player in the world.

The Cavs would give an arm and a leg for Morris/Scott. You think Hood/Nance/Clarkson can get off 16-22 pts?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Cavs would give an arm and a leg for Morris/Scott. You think Hood/Nance/Clarkson can get off 16-22 pts?
J.R. Smith put up 15 in game 1. Kevin Love put up 15 in game 2. Then Love put up 19 in game 3. Kyle Korver put up 18 in game 4, and then 19 in game 5.

The Cavs have had 10 15+ point performances in total when you include LeBron, the Wizards have had 11 when you include Wall/Beal.

One team is up in their series, the other is down. The Wizards are not a good team.

Last edited:

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

Morris in game 1 with 22
Scott in game 2 with 20
Gortat in game 3 with 16

Again Wall was hurt all year and Wizards are better then most in the East when healthy: Cavs are struggling against Pacers. No one in the East really looks great.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Every year I've cheered for the raptors only be let down in the playoffs. I've come to realize that the hype around them is manufactured by the Toronto machine. It is why they get no love in the US. The fact that the east is so average and the Raps still can't separate themselves from the bunch makes me skeptical that they can make the finals. If there was a year to make a run this is it but if they are having this much trouble with Washington how will they fair in rounds 2, 3, and 4?

Reactions: dahrougem2

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Every year I've cheered for the raptors only be let down in the playoffs. I've come to realize that the hype around them is manufactured by the Toronto machine. It is why they get no love in the US. The fact that the east is so average and the Raps still can't separate themselves from the bunch makes me skeptical that they can make the finals. If there was a year to make a run this is it but if they are having this much trouble with Washington how will they fair in rounds 2, 3, and 4?
08 Celtics were taken to 7 games by the 8th seeded Hawks that year. Just saying.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
IMO Washington with Beal and Wall are not a typical 8th seed. While the Raps were far from perfect, they did play well. It was also good that they won some game where Demar/Kyle were great, and some games (like tonight) where the Bench was great.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Raptors were 0-23 in road playoff games when they trailed at halftime.

Emphasis on WERE

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Until game 6, fully agree. They did pretty good tonight. Cavs are looking like trash
He didn't have a good game tonight but he didn't cost the team either. Luckily the bench played well and Lowry had a great game. Luckily Beal and Wall didn't have great games either.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
He didn't have a good game tonight but he didn't cost the team either. Luckily the bench played well and Lowry had a great game. Luckily Beal and Wall didn't have great games either.
Best game of the series for Lowry. Siakam played well too. Worst game of the series for DD but whatever I'll take the win

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Well, the Cavs might not even get a shot at the Raptors after all.
They've been so bad. But if we want to go far Ibaka needs to be better. I'm completely disappointed in how he has played. Thank god the East is garbage. Even without Ibaka we might make theFinals so I guess we don't need him too bad but we'll get crushed against the West.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Near perfect game until late. JV was awesome. But what the hell is up with Ibaka? He's been horrible

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What ever we do tonight, we cannot let Lebron get 13 assists again, Frustrating that we played relatively well and got burned by the likes of Korver and Smith down the stretch

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
We'll get 'em when the teams come back the ACC. Oh, that day probably won't come till next fall.
Amazing that a team in control of both games, can "give" those games away. Good for Cleveland, but in basketball, the team with best player often wins....and that would be Cleveland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad