Proposal: Toronto - Preds or Toront9 - Flyers

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
To leafs: Dante Fabbro + Trenin

To Preds: 2024 1st + Ryan Tverberg a grinding style B- prospect who is at .80 ppg as 22 year old on the marlies) + Samsonov (cap piece to balance trade/avoid any retention for preds)

Or

To Leafs: Sean Walker@50%

To Flyers: 2024 1st + Ryan Tverberg

Do either of these teams make the above deals?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Interested in switching Fabbro with Carrier?
I like Carrier but some other leaf fans dont and harped on his size (5'11 for some reason was considered small) and that hes more offensive style + a UFA

Fabbro is a RHD as well and he is a RFA. Has a bit more size and potential idelaly as hes a bit younger

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Don't see leafs trading sammy
He is the only way of making a move from cap perspective without to much retention

Ideally we avoid paying for retention and leverage Samsonovs expiring 3+M contract

Woll is back, have Jones, make deal for D, and hope Woll holds up

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
IF Toronto moves their 1st it won't be for a rental.
We have moved our first almost usually for rentals at the deadline. Different GM but still

2020: Foligno
2023: RoR

We got McCabe + Laf in 2023 but we gave a 1st + 2nd that deal for McCabe@50%

RHD people say cost bit more than LHd due to low supply.

L/T targets arent available for 1st (only UFAs or lower end RFAs like Fabbro) and then Cowan + 1st while strong offer isnt likely to be offered for a player who is worth that much (we would be overpaying for a player in a bidding war) or won't be enough for a quality star RHD

drede

Jul 13, 2023
Woll just came back from injury 0% chance they move sammy this year

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm guessing the Preds aren't going to be sellers at this point. Trotz has said he would trade Novak and Carrier (both pending UFA)if they couldn't get a deal done but I'm not sure that's gonna happen if they keep winning. I don't see any way we move Fabbro at this point. Putting him back out there with Josi has been a big part of Josi's resurgence

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We have moved our first almost usually for rentals at the deadline. Different GM but still

2020: Foligno
2023: RoR

We got McCabe + Laf in 2023 but we gave a 1st + 2nd that deal for McCabe@50%

RHD people say cost bit more than LHd due to low supply.

L/T targets arent available for 1st (only UFAs or lower end RFAs like Fabbro) and then Cowan + 1st while strong offer isnt likely to be offered for a player who is worth that much (we would be overpaying for a player in a bidding war) or won't be enough for a quality star RHD

I'm aware of that but that was Kyle Dubas.

Kyle Dubas is no longer GM.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Why is Nashville, currently sitting in playoff position and surging to potentially pass the Kings, selling two assets for a future pick, an older "B-" grinder prospect, and a capdump goalie?

I understand the interest around Saros, given Askarov, but I can't see them trading two roster players for non-roster assets years away from contributing and an expensive 3rd string goalie.

Reactions: PredsV82

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
The asking price for Walker is a first. ✅

The Flyers have cap space and are more than willing to eat 50% of Walkers salaray to sweeten up any deal ✅

Ryan Tverberg is a C prospect and the Flyers are thin down the middle ✅

So ... Flyers would probalby do this as it checks their demands. They'd rather ask for Cowan or Minten but I doubt the Leafs FO would bite on that.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
On a good path for the flyers with the 1st, the add would be very subjective, but probably something that equals a 3rd

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
I like the city of Toront-nine. Their fans are reasonable. They have won almost as many playoff rounds as Toronto in the last decade. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad