GDT: Toronto @ Ottawa (split squad) 9/24 7:30pm (TSN5) / replay@11:00pm(TSN4?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I just want to know what happened with the leafs second goal?

Was Anderson screened or did he just let in a bad goal?

bobbyt911

It's pre-season buddy, no one cares about that win, you shouldn't care about that loss versus our best unit.

Good game and have a good season

I don't care bout the loss, felt bad for some of the guys cuz they are tired, some of the vets in the other game are green lol bet there is a ton of puke behind the bench lol

Karlsson2Turris*

Lol we beat the Leafs with our B team in their own building....

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Some observations.

Lazar > Rielly. He outbattled him all game. Oh and Buddy is faster than him too.

The Mullen - Sdao pair was a disaster. Sdao is a career AHLer. So slow.

Rough game for Gryba. But he'll bounce back. He's not as bad as he was today.

Loved the Turris line.

Loved the Lazar line. I say they replace the GSN line. Shift Smith to LW on some other line and leave Greening and Neil somewhere. Anywhere.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I don't think Anderson let in a bad goal I thought it was a great shot from Reilly. If Karlsson scores that goal we would never hear the end of it on here. It happens where good players from other teams score good goals & there is nothing the goalie can do although sometimes they get lucky & stop them. It didn't happen on that shot, good goal.

Some observations.

Lazar > Rielly. He outbattled him all game. Oh and Buddy is faster than him too.

The Mullen - Sdao pair was a disaster. Sdao is a career AHLer. So slow.

Rough game for Gryba. But he'll bounce back. He's not as bad as he was today.

Loved the Turris line.

Loved the Lazar line. I say they replace the GSN line. Shift Smith to LW on some other line and leave Greening and Neil somewhere. Anywhere.

Lazar had a good game but not a great game, what I like the most about him is that he has a well rounded game & is very good defensively for a 19 yr old. Not sure he makes the team because of the numbers unless they make a trade but he has the bulk, the skill, the speed & the defensive side to play on any line where some other prospect may be limited to where they play in the lineup. I think that puts him ahead of other prospects who don't have a one way NHL contract except for maybe Stone.

Gryba is the one defencemen that while I like his size he could easily be replaced. Unfortunately, I'm not sure Ottawa has another right shot who could replace him on the bottom pairing. Ceci is a right shot but he is much more offensive & could replace him although I think management want him to play on that 2nd pairing behind Karlsson. If we could move a few players to pick up a big tough good puck moving defensive defenceman to play that 3rd pairing right side & upgrade from Gryba I would support that. I have been a supporter of Gryba for a while, but he looks to be our weakest link defensively. If Boro could learn to play that right side at the NHL level he would be a better option than Gryba IMO.

The GSN line is PMs favourite line & IMO they are not going anywhere & there will be those like you that will be again disappointed with that. I thought Greening had a very good game tonight, he hit, he broke up plays, he skated & played a very smart defensive game which I believe is exactly what the coach wants him to, same for Neil. What is it that PM knows that you don't regarding those three?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I thought it was just a great shot from Reilly, if it was Karlsson who scored that goal, people here would be saying what a great shot it was & the goalie didn't have a chance. Reilly snuck in alone unmolested & placed the puck perfectly, Anderson didn't have a chance IMO.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Not sure why you think the GSN line is Paul's favourite. They played the least amount of minutes last year.

haivle

Apr 8, 2012
anyone know where i can watch replay of our home game? it says tsn4 but its not on

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not sure why you think the GSN line is Paul's favourite. They played the least amount of minutes last year.

PM puts the GSN line out in key situations all the time. How often were people on here *****ing last yr because he played them too much in games? I don't see that changing at all this yr, I think he will play them a lot this yr especially when Ottawa is ahead late in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad