GDT: Toronto @ Montreal - Sat Oct 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I hope we can give the Habs the first loss of the season

Also man this forum is so dry lately, people don't even start PGTs ... the GDTs are like 20 pages max lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
A lot of people think it's the Jays. Though it'll be interesting to see how quiet they are once the MLB season is over.

My guess (as I've stated before) is that Leafs Nation as a whole does not have the patience for a complete rebuild. Personally I know most of my friends haven't watched a single game thus far stating they have no intention to watch a team that is going to be a loser (or is actively wanting to draft high).

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
A lot of people think it's the Jays. Though it'll be interesting to see how quiet they are once the MLB season is over.

My guess (as I've stated before) is that Leafs Nation as a whole does not have the patience for a complete rebuild. Personally I know most of my friends haven't watched a single game thus far stating they have no intention to watch a team that is going to be a loser (or is actively wanting to draft high).

how many people want to talk much with a losing team.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If the Jays win tonight, this could be the least viewed Habs-Leafs game ever :laugh:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs could deal the Habs their first loss of the year if the Sabres don't hand it to them today.

It would be nice if it was the Leafs to had them that loss.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

It's just that there is nothing to watch on this team, except for Rielly. Once we see more of our prospects make the jump to the NHL, more people will watch. It's very tough to watch this place holder type of team with no talent.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
It's just that there is nothing to watch on this team, except for Rielly. Once we see more of our prospects make the jump to the NHL, more people will watch. It's very tough to watch this place holder type of team with no talent.

Yup for now the Marlies will have to do, hopefully a good preview of whats to come :popcorn:

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Yea, losing is rather boring. Perhaps the Leafs need some controversy to liven things up around here. :dunno::sarcasm:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yea, losing is rather boring. Perhaps the Leafs need some controversy to liven things up around here. :dunno::sarcasm:

Can you really blame people for not paying attention to this team? I want to watch talent, and players that I actually like. I feel almost emotionally disconnected from this group of players. Why should I be invested in this team when management clearly built this team to be a bottom feeder? That's fine, there is a plan in place but I feel nothing for this team right now.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
For those who want us to knock Montreal into their first loss....well good luck. Seems like we'll be getting Price in the split, anything can happen I suppose though.

In the end the wins/losses don't matter, just development and effort.
Can you really blame people for not paying attention to this team? I want to watch talent, and players that I actually like. I feel almost emotionally disconnected from this group of players. Why should I be invested in this team when management clearly built this team to be a bottom feeder? That's fine, there is a plan in place but I feel nothing for this team right now.
Exactly. It's a combination of not being a good team and being one made up of guys who have no future on this team. There's maybe 5 guys that could stick down the road and to watch for. Just isn't much to say right now. Praise the team for working hard and that's about it.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Not a whole lot of excitement for this season, considering the expectations coming in this year and the fact that we only have 1 win through the first 6 games.

Montreal is on a back to back, but it looks like Price will be playing against us tomorrow

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
Well.... it would be pretty Leafy to have all kinds of trouble scoring and then suddenly put like 6 past Price. Maybe we have a chance.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Well.... it would be pretty Leafy to have all kinds of trouble scoring and then suddenly put like 6 past Price. Maybe we have a chance.

:laugh:

also, I don't know what people are complaining about. I am finding this team plenty interesting. and the kvetching about not having a PGT - - well generally, we need one because the GDT is full. if the GDT is not full - why can't the PGT just take on where the game left off - which genreally makes sense, especially if you are talking about something recently.

for me personally, i'd rather have the smaller gdts and discuss stuff with people, than massive ones, and having to wade through constant bickering and all of that jazz

i also find it very interesting that so many people wanted change, but won't support the team, whilst the changes are underway. ah well. never missed a game (intentionally) never will.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
:laugh:

also, I don't know what people are complaining about. I am finding this team plenty interesting. and the kvetching about not having a PGT - - well generally, we need one because the GDT is full. if the GDT is not full - why can't the PGT just take on where the game left off - which genreally makes sense, especially if you are talking about something recently.

for me personally, i'd rather have the smaller gdts and discuss stuff with people, than massive ones, and having to wade through constant bickering and all of that jazz

i also find it very interesting that so many people wanted change, but won't support the team, whilst the changes are underway. ah well. never missed a game (intentionally) never will.
Careful, give yourself too many pats on the back and you might fall on your face :laugh:.

If you are happy about the level of discussion, then why complain about people not being around and accusing them of not supporting the team?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Careful, give yourself too many pats on the back and you might fall on your face :laugh:.

If you are happy about the level of discussion, then why complain about people not being around and accusing them of not supporting the team?

i am not. it was an observation. i know a lot of people as early as training camp (i mean, heck if we're honest, last year near the end) saying they're pulling out, or they don't want to really watch this year, because it's [insert reason here] - and generally the reason is

A: not the future
B: most will be gone/traded
C: boring

so again - I find it interesting that we're obviously rebuilding, which is what a lot of people wanted to have happen, but they are not watching/participating etc. Wasn't complaining, not accusing them. just stating a matter of fact. not a lot of ppl are in it this year.

i know Nithonniel and I have a running bet trying to figure out who will be the one last standing, because we were teasing each other in the in the GDT who will be the first to go, but we were just like, we'll just stick it out how it works out and not miss anything. sorry if that sounds like i was patting my back.

mikebel111*

come on now, your telling me Bozak isn't someone to look forward too?:sarcasm:

mikebel111*

I don't mind this losing because the team is actually working hard, if we had more talent, we could easily have more wins

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
i am not. it was an observation. i know a lot of people as early as training camp (i mean, heck if we're honest, last year near the end) saying they're pulling out, or they don't want to really watch this year, because it's [insert reason here] - and generally the reason is

A: not the future
B: most will be gone/traded
C: boring

so again - I find it interesting that we're obviously rebuilding, which is what a lot of people wanted to have happen, but they are not watching/participating etc. Wasn't complaining, not accusing them. just stating a matter of fact. not a lot of ppl are in it this year.

i know Nithonniel and I have a running bet trying to figure out who will be the one last standing, because we were teasing each other in the in the GDT who will be the first to go, but we were just like, we'll just stick it out how it works out and not miss anything. sorry if that sounds like i was patting my back.

I guess some fans are more of a fan than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad