Speculation: Toronto Media pushing hard for Malkin to be traded to the Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:laugh: Like Tim & Sid count for anything.

They're loud, doofy windbags playing up a barstool sports talk angle to say stupid nonsense for the purpose of getting attention. There's no real intelligence, nuance, or thought behind basically anything they do if instead they can simply say something strident or brash that gets listens or eyeballs. Of course they're going to go hard on the idea of baiting their listeners with the pipe dream of the Leafs getting a star player with big time marquee value. "Leafs should figure out their problems by shedding dead weight salary and making calculated moves to acquire depth pieces that can plug their holes at a reasonable price within the constraints of the cap" isn't going to move the needle for their core audience.

Also if we had a thread for every time "[INSERT TEAM]'s media thought that everything would be fixed if [INSERT TEAM] just went out and acquired [INSERT STAR PLAYER]... somehow" discussions occurred, that's all this forum would be.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
That is actually the first time I have heard someone mention Malkin being traded to the Maple Leafs.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
What's up with all of this noise about Malkin having a down year? He had 72 points in only 68 games. He's had several seasons around a point per game. I'll admit I don't watch Pens games but what's going on here?

Reactions: Khelandros

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Obviously everyone would love Malkin, but I think Malkin/Matthews/Tavares might be a bit overkill :laugh:

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
The only reason Tim & Sid said this is because they know that "insert high profile player name here" + "Toronto Maple Leafs" = a mountain of clicks.

Reactions: olli

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
footnote:Leafs over paid in equalization payments so now they get a 20% cap bonus for 5 yrs :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad