GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Edmonton Oilers *10PM on TSN*

Do Leafs win both games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Back for 2 in a row against the Oils. Win both and we can really do some damage to them.
They should be pissed after another bad loss last night vs the Jets.

What a fun division it's been so far. GLG. :popcorn:

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Getting 4 points out of this series would be something. First of all, no matter the situation, 8-2 is unreal. But going into the first mini break having banked points would be great. For one, I think they look gassed. I thought it started with the Edmonton loss, at that point they were playing their 5th game in 8 nights which is a lot. But since Calgary I think the fatigue has intensified. 8 games in 14 is quite a bit.

So they will have a chance to not only rest, but also work on things that haven't been pretty so far. Not to mention, out of the break they have 3 vs. Vancouver and 3 vs. Ottawa with a double Montreal sandwiched between. So there could be a chance to bank some early points which may be huge down the stretch.

But it starts with this Edmonton series, I think they can be taken advantage of, but not if the foot comes off the pedal. My fear is with the fatigue and the fact they've started 6-2, maybe they feel they can kinda take it easy. I sure hope that doesn't happen.

Reactions: BTP

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Let's win both, that might disabuse their fans of the notion I'm reading over there that the Leafs are somehow a better matchup for them than other Northern teams. strange, but they seem to be thinking it.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Let's win both, that might disabuse their fans of the notion I'm reading over there that the Leafs are somehow a better matchup for them than other Northern teams. strange, but they seem to be thinking it.

With that defence and goaltending, they don't match up well vs. anyone.

Maybe Ottawa.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

I don't bother reading other teams boards usually, but have they turned on Barrie yet?

Looks like he's been kicked off the #1 power play unit, and dropped to the 3rd pairing.

Remember when Oiler fans thought Barrie was EXACTLY what they needed? Good times. Turns out he's exactly what the opposition needs instead.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
It'll be tough to take both games, but if they can continue with the team defense approach and ability to breakout, I like the chances to take both. Does Andersen start both? I think so. If JT line can emerge in game 1 that would be a huge storyline and boost for Leafs.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I’d roll Engvall-Spezza-Boyd as a fourth line

Anderson was fine and will get another chance but I think Boyd was better. Spezza won’t sit two in a row. Those two on his wing give a lot of speed and quickness to work with

I bet Dermott gets back in too

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Having the entire season be basically mini series is pretty fun, I'm enjoying it
It will be so helpful in playoffs if the team can learn what it takes to beat a team 2 in a row, with one day rest in between games.

I'm happy so far and hope they continue. With Holl, Keefe and others saying how much better they can still get is promising. Like the attitude.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Leafs definitely looked a bit gassed as they’ve played a lot of hockey in a short amount of time. Fortunately so have the Oilers. 3 or 4 points would be huge after this series.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Could really bury the Oilers by taking all 4 points this weekend. With the shortened season the Leafs should try to create distance in the standings as early as possible.

Reactions: saffronleaf

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Hoping to get at least 3 of 4 points over the next two. Been a busy start, getting another win or two before a handful of days off would be great

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Would love the sweep but will settle with 2/4 as the grueling start of the schedule comes to a close and the team can rest up (4 days off) and focus on the 3 games against the Canucks after the break.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Back for 2 in a row against the Oils. Win both and we can really do some damage to them.
They should be pissed after another bad loss last night vs the Jets.

What a fun division it's been so far. GLG. :popcorn:
I also treally am loving all this sire. All this old school dirt. Even some fights have already happened :clap: We are so thuggin it up this season again. Just like with pat quinn sire. Y'all already know. Domi, Tucker, Belfour drunk type of dirt sire.

We might win again. We are that talented and energized. We have the most money, power and the personel. We are persona non gratas and everybody WANT TO BE LIKE US SIRE. They are that jelious in their hearts and souls. Don't be alarmed sire.

Reactions: Confucius

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hyman Matthews Marner
Mikheyev Tavares Nylander
Vesey Kerfoot __________
________ Engvall Simmonds
Spezza

Rielly Brodie
Muzzin Holl
Lehtonen Bogosian
Sandin Dermott

Andersen
Campbell
Hutchinson

Not sure where these guys fit yet on this team:
Thornton Barabanov Robertson Boyd Anderson

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Crap forgot we are in Edmonton.this is a 10 pm game. Dont have classes friday but I usually knockout by 11. Will try and watch this game but if leafs are losing bad or it's boring affair probably call it quits halfway into the second

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Hyman Matthews Marner
Mikheyev Tavares Nylander
Vesey Kerfoot __________
________ Engvall Simmonds
Spezza

Rielly Brodie
Muzzin Holl
Lehtonen Bogosian
Sandin Dermott

Andersen
Campbell
Hutchinson

Not sure where these guys fit yet on this team:
Thornton Barabanov Robertson Boyd Anderson

Thornton might have lost his spot alongside Matthews and Marner. I'm sure he still has a spot on the team though (third line?). I think there's a 10 game/30 day window with Boyd since he's already cleared waivers. Barabanov might just "reclaim" a spot though since he has the European assignment clause in his contract (fourth line/healthy scratch rotation with Spezza). I'd say Robertson, Boyd and Anderson have all impressed though in a brief opportunity.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Thornton might have lost his spot alongside Matthews and Marner. I'm sure he still has a spot on the team though (third line?). I think there's a 10 game/30 day window with Boyd since he's already cleared waivers. Barabanov might just "reclaim" a spot though since he has the European assignment clause in his contract (fourth line/healthy scratch rotation with Spezza). I'd say Robertson, Boyd and Anderson have all impressed though in a brief opportunity.
Engvall Thornton Simmonds may be a good 4th line. Just have to see it play out when he gets back.

Vesey Kerfoot Simmonds looks promising too. I'm guessing we will see more of this soon.

I think all of them can play but to me it's about chemistry and what lines will work in the playoffs.

Reactions: banks and Buds17

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Engvall Thornton Simmonds may be a good 4th line. Just have to see it play out when he gets back.

Vesey Kerfoot Simmonds looks promising too. I'm guessing we will see more of this soon.

I think all of them can play but to me it's about chemistry and what lines will work in the playoffs.

Not sure I see Thornton dropping all the way down to the fourth line. Simmonds is currently on a bit of a hot streak though. That said, there's obviously still quite a bit of time until the full group will be available and decisions will have to be made.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
The leafs have the ability to grind out games. Come out swinging in game 1 and game 2 they should be able to grind that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad