Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Pittsburgh Penguins 12/30/15

dannyj10

Jun 30, 2010
Fort Campbell,KY
still dont get why Letang is ahead of Geno in the shootout. you could tell he was gonna miss it right from the start. his body language said it all

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I guess you weren't watching the game either!!

Makes 2 of us, eh?

PS: Letang had a **** awful night, in case u missed it! I lost track of the giveaways in the neutral zone after 5!

Still only one of us was watching, and it wasn't you. Letang was great tonight. He had a lot of really great defensive plays and bailed Maatta, and others, out countless times.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
there is no Letang board hate please stop this nonsense: However there is Letang on PP Board hate and its legit,

There really is general Letang hate, maybe it started because of the PP, but it has extended far beyond it.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
That's because his dumbass play extends far beyond it.

The GDT was mostly silent on Letang, outside of when he was hit by Komorav, until he made a mistake. Suddenly it's full of LOLtang nonsense. It just goes to show what people are looking for.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
The thing with Tanger is that he has many brainfarts per game. He is a great player, but the errors are so big and so dumb that they become all people remember.

And when he's making a crap-ton of money and isn't even generating offense, well... that's what you get. He greatest strength include not shooting, mishandling the puck, and taking a staggering amount of blows to the head.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
And when he's making a crap-ton of money and isn't even generating offense, well... that's what you get. He greatest strength include not shooting, mishandling the puck, and taking a staggering amount of blows to the head.

He's missed 9 games and is still our fourth highest scorer behind Geno, Sid and Kessel.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
The GDT was mostly silent on Letang, outside of when he was hit by Komorav, until he made a mistake. Suddenly it's full of LOLtang nonsense. It just goes to show what people are looking for.

That just goes to show you that people aren't looking for it, and irwas probably a case of "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!" You must have missed that power play he killed and sent wave after wave of white jerseys down at Murray. I'm pretty sure Kessel ended up being the one on a two on one, and even 72 beat 58 back to the play.

What I'm looking for is for him to stop being played like a competent #1 defenseman, because he's not, he's just paid like one.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
He's missed 9 games and is still our fourth highest scorer behind Geno, Sid and Kessel.

1) Not impressive at all since they've collectively scored like 4 goals this year and are 31st in the NHL.

2) He gets over 25 minutes a night and as much PowerPlay time as he can take. Plenty of chances to moron a few pucks in the right direction.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
That just goes to show you that people aren't looking for it, and irwas probably a case of "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!" You must have missed that power play he killed and sent wave after wave of white jerseys down at Murray. I'm pretty sure Kessel ended up being the one on a two on one, and even 72 beat 58 back to the play.

What I'm looking for is for him to stop being played like a competent #1 defenseman, because he's not, he's just paid like one.

After that really, really strong PP we had where Letang actually did get shots through and kept alive, two posters still made comments about him. People are looking for reasons to criticize him.

1) Not impressive at all since they've collectively scored like 4 goals this year and are 31st in the NHL.

2) He gets over 25 minutes a night and as much PowerPlay time as he can take. Plenty of chances to moron a few pucks in the right direction.

If you don't see a clear difference in the team's 5-on-5 play in games he plays verses games he doesn't, I don't know what to tell you.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
After that really, really strong PP we had where Letang actually did get shots through and kept alive, two posters still made comments about him. People are looking for reasons to criticize him.

If you don't see a clear difference in the team's 5-on-5 play in games he plays verses games he doesn't, I don't know what to tell you.

I don't see nearly enough pro to be worth the epic cons. 4 year / 4 million contract with less icetime and maybe I can live with frustrations, but he doesn't get that. And I guess it's not his fault he makes a billion dollars and gets so much time, but he does. Overpaid, sloppy, underachieving, and one hit away from being knocked out of the league
... needed to be moved 3 years ago and every year since.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I don't see nearly enough pro to be worth the epic cons. 4 year / 4 million contract with less icetime and maybe I can live with frustrations, but he doesn't get that. And I guess it's not his fault he makes a billion dollars and gets so much time, but he does. Overpaid, sloppy, underachieving, and one hit away from being knocked out of the league
... needed to be moved 3 years ago and every year since.

He's paid the value that players like him make in this league now. And I'm glad he gets the ice time he does. Less Letang would mean more of guys who are much, much, much worse hockey players.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
He's paid the value that players like him make in this league now. And I'm glad he gets the ice time he does. Less Letang would mean more of guys who are much, much, much worse hockey players.

Strongly disagree with the first point. The other guys who make that kind of cash are actually effective on the powerplay and/or bring a better defensive game.

Agree with the second point, but that's more of a minus to JR than a plus to Letang.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
If you guys lose to us, i'm going to be pissed. That is all.

Good luck!!!

Nope, sorry. We suck. We are not going to relinquish that pick this season. The sooner management/ownership wake up and realize this roster needs retooling, the better.

This could turn into a positive, all this losing when we should be winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad