Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Phoenix Coyotes - Mon, Jan 20, 8pm - Baby I'm howlin' for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Lol made me laugh.

Don't really want to watch Hanzal play... He's exactly what we need it hurts to watch him play :laugh:

My first thought when I read that we were playing Phoenix is containing this ****ing guy. Hanzal is an absolute ***** to play against, the guy hustles harder than any of our forwards except maybe Kulemin, and plays an extremely physical style. He gave us a very hard time last game, and it's going to be difficult to stop him again.

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
the Standings freak me out. Boston and Tampa aren't catchable. That means we have 3 possible slots to get in the playoffs. Move ahead into 3rd in our division or grab 1 of the 2 wild cards.

I think we have to get 5 out of 8 points to keep up the pace, and stay ahead of the 5 TEAMS chasing us.

It's getting tense. Go leafs!

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Feel good about this one. Mike Smith isn't a very good goalie, which the Leafs forwards should be able to exploit.

I agree with this. I can't believe Team Canada picked him, over Crawford and Fleury. Hopefully he never sees anything other than Bench in that tourney.

As for tonight......if we win, I wonder who the Leafs will draft with the 30th overall pick?

;)

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Woof, their forwards are gross. After 2008 with them having drafted four forwards in the 1st round in a row (Hanzal, Mueller, Turris, Boedker), I thought they would start to light it up. They need to hope Domi and Samuelson turn out for them. Phoenix, Nashville and New Jersey have a such ugly forwards on the team and in the pipeline. If they had a little offence to go with their defence and goaltending, they'd all be amazing.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
the Standings freak me out. Boston and Tampa aren't catchable. That means we have 3 possible slots to get in the playoffs. Move ahead into 3rd in our division or grab 1 of the 2 wild cards.

I think we have to get 5 out of 8 points to keep up the pace, and stay ahead of the 5 TEAMS chasing us.

It's getting tense. Go leafs!

And that makes it exciting. More exciting than comfortably sitting in a playoff spot and just waiting for April.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
And that makes it exciting. More exciting than comfortably sitting in a playoff spot and just waiting for April.

:nod:

i think the goal for the Boys is to keep the third spot always reachable, while watching behind themselves. we play better under pressure it seems. when [not if] we overtake Montreal, it's the same thing - try to keep up with Tampa (maybe not tenable) but keep Montreal behind them at all times.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
Nobody signed up for today's GDT. I'd do it myself but I'm at work and can't do it now. Someone needs to throw something together.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

I get what you're saying, but I think it's also very exciting when your team is a top calibre squad torching the rest of the NHL. I find with myself that waiting between games is even harder when the team is winning cause you just want to see the next one so bad.

2013 was awesome, I would get so PO'd if there were long breaks between games, and the feeling of knowing that we were going to win most of the time was something I hadn't felt since back in '04.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

To each their own but for a team who has made the playoffs ONCE in a decade, I'd rather be in a comfortable playoff spot. Now if we were the Red Wings who have made it what? 20 years in a row? Maybe I'd want a little spice.

Jay99999*

The Yotes GDT is so....sooo....soooooo um....Nice.

Its not like a scabs/leafs gdt, when you see crap slung in all directions.

You read things like;

"I think it will be a well fought game"
"Should be a good match. Leafs are pretty good"
"I like our chances but the leafs also have a chance too"
"We love our pancake bunny...the leafs should make a waffle bunny"
"I farted but it doesnt smell much. I wonder if the leafs fart good ones too"
"We love everybody cuz we are mostly hippies"
"I hope no one gets hurt"
"I hope there are no fights"

Etc etc etc

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
To each their own but for a team who has made the playoffs ONCE in a decade, I'd rather be in a comfortable playoff spot. Now if we were the Red Wings who have made it what? 20 years in a row? Maybe I'd want a little spice.

I guess I've always preferred the underdog to the top dog.

nussell

Nov 29, 2013
Ontario
I wonder if we're at the point if Bernier plays the entire week? even with the back to back. if not, I think

Reimer in the Desert and Bernier the rest of the way.

**** Reimer let Bernier play the hole road trip. I want wins not fairness

Last edited by a moderator:

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
**** Reimer let Bernier play the hole road trip. I want wins not fairness

You don't want to tire out bernier. When he had 6 straight starts or something he began to look really bad. You want to keep his confidence up and that means starting Reimer on a few games. Not sure which ones, but you don't run Bernier an entire stretch that includes a back to back.

Last edited by a moderator:

nussell

Nov 29, 2013
Ontario
You don't want to tire out bernier. When he had 6 straight starts or something he began to look really bad. You want to keep his confidence up and that means starting Reimer on a few games. Not sure which ones, but you don't run Bernier an entire stretch that includes a back to back.

tell that to Rask, Roy, Joseph, Belfour. Brodeur, Luongo, all the good goalies play in back to back games. Bernier needs to put his body through the test of rebound back on back to backs. What are we going to do in the playoffs play Bernier one night and then start Riemer the next i don't think so.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
tell that to Rask, Roy, Joseph, Belfour. Brodeur, Luongo, all the good goalies play in back to back games. Bernier needs to put his body through the test of rebound back on back to backs. What are we going to do in the playoffs play Bernier one night and then start Riemer the next i don't think so.

Firstly, there aren't any b2bs in the playoffs.

Secondly you have to work Bernier into things. Guys don't go from playing 25-30 games a year to 70. Bernier is gonna end up playing 55-60 games this year. And he should be good to go come playoff time

We have Reimer for a reason, why not make the most of it. He's one of if not the best backup in the league. Also, it would be nice to make sure he's got some
Trade value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad