News Article: Toronto Maple Leafs Most Expensive Ticket in NHL; *Isles Ranked 20th*

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/t...ll-teams-listed-1-to-30/#.VDRRJrPlAjk.twitter

Fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs continue to pay the highest ticket price in the NHL, according to a report by TiqIQ, a leading resale ticket market aggregator.

The average listed resale ticket price of a Maple Leafs game at the start of this season is $373.50 (U.S.). That’s just a 3.87 percent increase over this time last season ($359.60). Canadian teams make up five of the top six spots in this report – Vancouver, Edmonton Calgary and Montreal are the others. The Chicago Blackhawks are the only American team in the top six.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Clarkson salary is not going to pay itself...

Seriously though, Toronto is a hockey hotbed as is all of Canada....Its a matter of supply and demand....

BroadwayJay*

There are 10 teams with cheaper tickets than the Isles?

That's a shock. I assumed we'd be the cheapest. Our tickets are so cheap!

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Clarkson salary is not going to pay itself...

Seriously though, Toronto is a hockey hotbed as is all of Canada....Its a matter of supply and demand....

It's a LEAFS hotbed. I can walk up to Marlies games and get 1/2 price tickets and sit behind the bench. (great hockey and far better value for money)

YET, I'll pay $300 per ticket for a mid-week Isles-Leafs meaningless game to sit 30-40 rows from the ice, in the corner, if I'm lucky.

It's far cheaper to drive to Long Island, stay overnight, watch the Isles play, and come home.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
wtf....
Sabres resale value higher than the isles? Yet isles resale value is higher than the wings? What dimension am I in?
Damn, actually most of the teams below NYI are better teams...weird

BroadwayJay*

I've paid $40 to sit in AA on the glass before, on several occasions.

Come on. I just can't believe there are 10 rinks cheaper than that in the NHL.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I've paid $40 to sit in AA on the glass before, on several occasions.

Come on. I just can't believe there are 10 rinks cheaper than that in the NHL.

Weeknight games you can get tickets on stubhhb for as low as $5. I sat 10 rows from the ice against Edmonton for $13.50.

There are other teams like Carolina/Florida teams Arizona etc. that have cheap tickets like us. I think the fact that games against the rags and sometimes penguins/Philly cause the secondary market to jump might bring up our average.

nthill93

Aug 27, 2014
Glen Cove
It's a LEAFS hotbed. I can walk up to Marlies games and get 1/2 price tickets and sit behind the bench. (great hockey and far better value for money)

YET, I'll pay $300 per ticket for a mid-week Isles-Leafs meaningless game to sit 30-40 rows from the ice, in the corner, if I'm lucky.

It's far cheaper to drive to Long Island, stay overnight, watch the Isles play, and come home.

Looking to go to a marlies game the weekend of the 24th where's the best place to get tickets?

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Looking to go to a marlies game the weekend of the 24th where's the best place to get tickets?

walk up, there will be people selling tickets below cost out front. Many people get season's tickets and don't go to the games. They essentially sell them for half price minutes before the game.

You can also buy at the gate, at full price, and move to the front. They are rarely sold out and the ushers don't harass you.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Perfect timing for this thread. I ordered 3 tix for the home opener on stubhub about a month ago, section 327. Printed them out tonight because thats when the tix were available to print, and the ticket itself says section 337. Anybody else have any problems like this? And can stubhub do anything about this mistake?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Perfect timing for this thread. I ordered 3 tix for the home opener on stubhub about a month ago, section 327. Printed them out tonight because thats when the tix were available to print, and the ticket itself says section 337. Anybody else have any problems like this? And can stubhub do anything about this mistake?

You should let stubhub know ASAP. They have a guarantee that they will get you the same or better tickets that you ordered. I'm guessing the sooner you let them know, the easier it is for them to do something. It was probably a simple typo on the part of the seller. Regardless though, you shouldn't be penalized for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad