Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Minnesota Wild | Cor-Tastic | Corrado Debut Plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Kadri again one of the best forwards on the ice today

This is a recording

champs*

kadri would be a great player for the leafs if everyone would stop measuring him by #

mikebel111*

kadri would be a great player for the leafs if everyone would stop measuring him by #

I still predict a 45-50 point season for him
he is playing too well for him to not get points eventually.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
I still predict a 45-50 point season for him
he is playing too well for him to not get points eventually.

He'll be lucky to get to 40 points. His PP proficiency has been horrid for quite some time now. He's good at entering the zone but with the way the PP functions, he isn't put in an opportunity to get the points. All he's done on the PP this year is
- gain the zone, cut back and pass to the defenseman or dump/cycle along the boards
- try to beat the goalie from a further out which rarely (doesn't) works since his release is so slow, goalies and defensemen can catch up. His average shot on the PP? A 38ft wrister. Worst yet, he takes the most shots on the PP in spite of this.:help:
- fail at threading a pass through the slot so he hands it off to the defense after sometimes drawing a defender or two out of position
- and since he plays higher up than all other forwards, he rarely gets goalie rebounds from point shots, thus none of those easy tap-in goals

Our PP1 hasn't been too great so even if they get a goal, Kadri doesn't leech an assist from it, even though he does well to establish the zone. I hate to play the blame game, but he doesn't "initiate" enough plays and instead relies too much on the same-old cycling game and attacks from the perimter.

It's been 20~ games and I've yet to see them get a guy like Lupul, JVR or Bozak rush right as Kadri crosses the blueline into the zone and present himself as an option... way too much cycling/perimeter-based play from the PP1 guys.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Leafs played a really good road game.

They didn't take a penalty early in the game. They limited the scoring chances for the Wild and they kept it a 1 goal game throughout.

Solid structure game and lots of compete, especially on the 2nd game of a back to back.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
I guess it (the offsides) was the right call but "the game" has become an over-analyzed, over coached, gimmicky, predictable bore with media over-prepared athletes and matching robotic personalities. Most of the legitimate toughness has been weened out as well - replaced by instigator rules and cheap shots and stick fouls.

Watch an NHL game from the 70's or 80's and it was a much more thrilling spectacle. Oh well.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Please tell me you're not serious. How is a step to get the right call made a bad thing? Some fans :shakehead

The Holland goal looked offside in real time and the review confirmed it.

I agree with you, that its better to get it right and this challenge rule seems to help improve the accuracy of the game being called by the Refs.

Over time improvements will be made by the league to clarify exactly what should be goalie interference but the challenge system is not the problem.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I guess it (the offsides) was the right call but "the game" has become an over-analyzed, over coached, gimmicky, predictable bore with media over-prepared athletes and matching robotic personalities. Most of the legitimate toughness has been weened out as well - replaced by instigator rules and cheap shots and stick fouls.

Watch an NHL game from the 70's or 80's and it was a much more thrilling spectacle. Oh well.

Wait another 7 years !
The Concussion Lawsuit's impact will be fully realized.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
This game was the exact same as the first Boston game from a few weeks ago - play lifeless hockey, overly rely on your goaltender, and once he lets in a goal pack it up, watch the clock hit 0 and go home. I feel bad for Reimer, the guy gets absolutely no goal support when he plays well.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa

I agree with you, that its better to get it right and this challenge rule seems to help improve the accuracy of the game being called by the Refs.

Over time improvements will be made by the league to clarify exactly what should be goalie interference but the challenge system is not the problem.

Yup. I didn't even get excited for that goal. Knew it was coming back.

Sucks but they got the call right.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
This game was the exact same as the first Boston game from a few weeks ago - play lifeless hockey, overly rely on your goaltender, and once he lets in a goal pack it up, watch the clock hit 0 and go home. I feel bad for Reimer, the guy gets absolutely no goal support when he plays well.

They were totally different, the Leafs actually generated some chances this game. That Boston game was way worse.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Just think about the inability of guys like Matthias, Grabner who are getting chances and can't finish. Those guys next year will be replaced by guys like Nylander, Kappanen, Brown and Marner.

If the Leafs can play a structured game with a bunch of pluggers with no talent imaging when you throw in guys who can make plays and score.

I don't think the rebuild will take much longer. I think next year if those young kids are in the lineup they could challenge for a spot in the playoffs for sure.

I completely agree, I don't get where people are going to say its going to take 5-7yrs. 3 tops.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
People say this game was a like a Dog's breakfast (Ferraro).

Looking at the stats, it seemed pretty even. Sure the 1st was survival, after that it settled in between 2 teams, who don't allow much.

If the Leafs are to lose, they should lose just like this. Perfect loss.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
You can improve it immediately by pushing it to the war room, so the current challenge system is an issue.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Yes he has. Wasn't his first camp 3 years ago or was it 4?

Sadly I think Drew's ship in the Leafs system has sailed along with MacWilliam.

Time to draft another one with all the picks we should be acquiring by this offseason.

Sparks was a 2011 Draft pick (7th round)...

Goalies start really coming into their own, around 28-29... Drew was a late developer, but still has another good 8-10 years left in him.. and is very consistent, whether he plays as a starter or back-up..

I still think he would be a good one year contract.., backing up Reims..

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Sparks was a 2011 Draft pick (7th round)...

Goalies start really coming into their own, around 28-29... Drew was a late developer, but still has another good 8-10 years left in him.. and is very consistent, whether he plays as a starter or back-up..

I still think he would be a good one year contract.., backing up Reims..

If he wasn't posting his AHL career worst .889 SV% after 16 game with the checkers, it might be worth considering.:help:

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
When the right call changes on a nightly basis? Off-sides are find got review, but incidental contact is a struggle at the moment.

I can agree with that, but like Mess said over time thinks will get clearer and better.

My thoughts exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad