Timashov
Soshnikov
Leipsic
Gauthier

HM: Leivo, Percy, Harrington, Nielsen

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I think Nielsen needs to be in the top 5. He is a big high performing d-man.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
In my mind Dermott is a better defenseman than Nielsen, and TD rounds out the top 5 for me. Nielsen is #8 after Timashov at #7 in my opinion.

The value we got out of the 2015 draft looks insane so far.

Last edited:

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Lmao @ Brown beating out Kapanen. Small and slow doesn't work in the NHL. This will become apparent as soon as next season.

mikebel111*

Lmao @ Brown beating out Kapanen. Small and slow doesn't work in the NHL. This will become apparent as soon as next season.

:facepalm:

Good thing Brown isnt slow

:laugh: at this post
high skill and effort work out in the NHL

mikebel111*

Kapi for me

As Brown looks to be on track to be a top 6 forward in the NHL

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
I think Brown is one of those special players who's the exception to the rule.

By all accounts, his motor is elite.

mikebel111*

Yup this is true.

The kid has proven wrong everyone.
The more doubts, the better he becomes.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
1) Nylander
2) Marner
3) Kapanen
4) Brown
5) Dermott
6) Johnson
7) Timashov
8) Nielsen
9) Soshnikov
10) Leipsic

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Toronto Maple Leafs prospect report: January

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs-prospect-report-january-2/

Mackenzie Liddell January 30, 2016, 1:40 PM

Every month throughout the NHL season we’ll be updating you on the development of key Maple Leafs prospects with up-to-date stats, videos and analysis.

As the Toronto Maple Leafs continue to languish near the bottom of the league, things couldn’t be going better on the farm.

The Toronto Marlies remain the class of the American Hockey League, and by a fair margin. With a 12-1-0 record in their past 13, the Marlies have improved to 36-8-2 on the season and hold a 14-point lead over the next closest club. They also lead the league with 182 goals scored.

Although AHL success doesn’t always translate to NHL success, what makes this run by the Marlies so special is that they are doing it with the kids playing a leading role.

They should be even stronger heading into February with Connor Brown's broken ankle finally healed and William Nylander back from injury.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

Just see so much Pavelski in him. (stylistic)

Not the best skater, nose for the net, best work ethic on the team..

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I went with Kap on this one (Thought he should've gone #3 as well).

Surprised Bracco isn't getting any love. Kind of funny that our fifth round pick is getting more love than both our second round picks. :laugh:

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Lmao. Brown > Kapanen. Other than being at the right place at the right time earlier this month, what has Kapanen ever accomplished.

Did you not watch the WJC? It's not as if Kap was awful the whole tournament and then just scored a fluke GWG.

Also saying "OTHER than scoring the GWG in his home country to win WJC Gold, what has he ever done?" is pretty funny.

The "kids playing a leading role for the marlies" part is kind of misleading considering both Brennan and Arbobello are currently the highest scoring marlies.

Only because Nylander has been out for a month. And Brown has missed most of the season, he may be one of the leaders in scoring if not for injury.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015

You just keep doubting him and he'll just keep proving you wrong. He's done it his whole career.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
The kid has proven wrong everyone.
The more doubts, the better he becomes.

This is exactly why Matt Finn was so highly ranked by our fans like 2 years ago. People said the same about him.

Brown's obviously a good prospect, and has a great chance to make it, but he's not top 3 at least imo.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Lmao. Brown > Kapanen. Other than being at the right place at the right time earlier this month, what has Kapanen ever accomplished.

hi-res-0a405c328be760b671f030f968b93725_crop_north.jpg

Kappy can't hear you over the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad