10. Brendan Leipsic - 30.91%

11. Andrew Nielsen - 38.85%
12. Jeremy Bracco - 40.94%
13. Stuart Percy - 30.25%​

*Tiebreaker vote

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Vile fir me. Still some great options. Harrison, Hyman, Goat, Lindberg, Look all are strong prospects not too mention dzerikals who could be a big steal. The talent pool has changed so much or the past year and a half or 2.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lindbergh shouldn't be apart of this, since he should be higher.

However I guess 13 will do.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Went with Harrington here. Getting kinda tough to decide. Gauthier, Lindberg and Sparks were in consideration for me as well.

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
Copied from previous thread:

I vote we insert Lindberg at the end of the final ranking. Not fair to him to have included starting now. Plus, by then we'll have actually seen him play lol

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Looking at this list is pretty damn amazing.

Our current 6-10 is probably better than any 1-5 we ever had in the Burke/Nonis era

Everything's coming up Toronto!! (insert Milhouse picture)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Copied from previous thread:

I vote we insert Lindberg at the end of the final ranking. Not fair to him to have included starting now. Plus, by then we'll have actually seen him play lol

why not? Vesey was just put there now. Based on the last thread he would not have been voted for #1-12 either so why is it some big unjustice that he's only there for polls 13 onward when he would not have won any of the other polls.

Not putting say Kapanen until 13 would be stupid because Kapanen won #4, Lindberg obviously would not because he couldn't even win 13, the first poll he was there for.

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
why not? Vesey was just put there now. Based on the last thread he would not have been voted for #1-12 either so why is it some big unjustice that he's only there for polls 13 onward when he would not have won any of the other polls.

Not putting say Kapanen until 13 would be stupid because Kapanen won #4, Lindberg obviously would not because he couldn't even win 13, the first poll he was there for.

Nolan Vesey is likely not even a top 20 prospect on the Leafs. Many people didn't even notice Lindberg on the list last poll (me included). I'd feel more confident ranking him after seeing him with the Marlies

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Nolan Vesey is likely not even a top 20 prospect on the Leafs. Many people didn't even notice Lindberg on the list last poll (me included). I'd feel more confident ranking him after seeing him with the Marlies

he's not even leading this one either, I'm sure most people know he's there now. Clearly the fanbase doesn't think he's a top 12 prospect so why should it matter if he was in the first 12 polls or not?

If people don't care to look at all the options when voting that's their own fault. They knew we just acquired a new prospect, might want to check to see which prospect was added to the poll.

We're not passing a new law, it's a fan poll on a forum on who we think are the best prospects, it's fine. It`s being done the way it`s always been done. Skipping prospects and then adding a poll at the end to see where to place them spreads out the results a lot, it might only take 15% thinking he`s better than a certain prospect to place him there.

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
he's not even leading this one either, I'm sure most people know he's there now. Clearly the fanbase doesn't think he's a top 12 prospect so why should it matter if he was in the first 12 polls or not?

If people don't care to look at all the options when voting that's their own fault. They knew we just acquired a new prospect, might want to check to see which prospect was added to the poll.

We're not passing a new law, it's a fan poll on a forum on who we think are the best prospects, it's fine. It`s being done the way it`s always been done. Skipping prospects and then adding a poll at the end to see where to place them spreads out the results a lot, it might only take 15% thinking he`s better than a certain prospect to place him there.

Whatever, it's no big deal. Just thought since he was added half-way it'd be better to continue the ranking without him. We could also consider the upcoming TDL and factor in any more prospects we might return.

Plus, speaking on a personal level, I've never seen Lindberg play so I'd like a chance to see him before deciding where he'd go. Granted, I haven't seen all the prospects (college kids, etc.) but at least they've been in our system long enough that somewhat of a consensus evaluation has emerged.

Again, it's not a big deal. Whatever you guys want

As for how we could slot them later: show list, poll question Where does Lindberg rank? 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Whatever, it's no big deal. Just thought since he was added half-way it'd be better to continue the ranking without him. We could also consider the upcoming TDL and factor in any more prospects we might return.

Plus, speaking on a personal level, I've never seen Lindberg play so I'd like a chance to see him before deciding where he'd go. Granted, I haven't seen all the prospects (college kids, etc.) but at least they've been in our system long enough that somewhat of a consensus evaluation has emerged.

Again, it's not a big deal. Whatever you guys want

As for how we could slot them later: show list, poll question Where does Lindberg rank? 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

It's a prospect ranking how we rank the prospects right now, not lets take a pause on a player so we can watch him more. We'll have more info on this guy next time, and likely have other guys we have less info on. Like the last ranking for instance, was after the draft, most of us didn't see much of bracco, Dermott, Timashov, Nielsen, etc, etc. yet we ranked them right then, and not placed them after in December after we saw them. I also think we htraded for Leipsic while doing this last year and added him in a similar way but I'm not sure on that one.

I just think you should stick with the method we'd used all along, if you rank afterwards like that, you might end up with a weird result, these polls usually have 2-4 guys competing for a spot usually with 30-40% winning, if you do your way at the end you'll likely see a wide range of spots ranging from 8-18, the final tally might only have 15% winning it. I wouldn't trust a spot to be accurate when such a small minority % when 30% thought Percy was the best at that spot. It might only take like half that number that voted for Percy to suddenly rank him above Percy because the others might spread out their votes more after spot 14. If that makes sense, it does in my head.

It might work fine if we went out and acquired say Shea Theodore, putting him in in the next poll would be stupid, he's clearly a better prospect, but Lindberg is in the 13-16 range imo, seeing as those polls weren't already done when we got him I don't see why we'd just bypass the normal ranking method to place him at the end when he can be placed in his proper range right now using that method

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad