News Article: Toronto Maple Leafs Cap Situation Promises Roster Growth

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Anyone else genuinely concerned about Lupul? lol

Nobody has heard anything about him, guy hasn't tweeted anything in a year.

Where is Lou hiding this guy

Lupul lives in Malibu. Given the choice of being on LTIR and collecting his money, or being "fit" and not on LTIR, and riding the buses with the Marlies next winter. I'm guessing he stays "hockey unfit" and stays in Malibu.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I was initially surprised that Button would advocate going after Smith/Stone, since those guys would actually help improve out d. Then I got to the point where he says that playing Alzner at the expense of Gardiner would improve the defensive play... :help:

We already have Marincin under contract for next year (unless Vegas claims him) for $1.25m, is Alzner worth 3-4 million to upgrade? I would say no. Whether Alzner even is an upgrade on Marincin seems debatable.

He is.
End of debate.

I'm not saying we should go out and pay for Alzner, but I think that was a silly comment.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
My prediction is we don't sign one significant UFA in the off season.

I think the similarity between the roster that finished this season and starts next season will shock many people.

I don't think the Leafs sign anything close to a free agent of this tier. The last thing they want to do is overpay on a longterm contract and undo all of the great work keeping their cap down to date. They'll sign a couple of grinders and those two Swedish defensemen from Europe and call it a day. Keep the flexibility until you know what you're paying Matthews, Marner and Nylander two years from now.

What happened? This seems like a different message, or a change.

Or, is this an unpopular theory that a few people (not the majority) support?

We've been talking up the big trades and UFA signings in many threads/posts up to this point.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
what a ridiculous article. Stone and Alzner make our defence weaker, and put Jake on the third pairing??? The author, and tv commentators are completely clueless. Lol, Button is a clown. Fired from being a GM for good reason.
ps, He hates Kappy, shows what a fool he is.

whether Stone or Alzner are anything special (they're not), they are obviously upgrades over what we have in our 4-6 slots right now.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Anyone else genuinely concerned about Lupul? lol

Nobody has heard anything about him, guy hasn't tweeted anything in a year.

Where is Lou hiding this guy

the dude is kinda active on instagram, looks like he's living the high life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad