Value of: Toronto Maple Leafs are too soft - need a Tom Wilson/Josh Anderson/Patric Hornqvist type player

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The Andy Man would be a pipe dream. Someone like him or Patric Hornqvist is the exact type of player the Leafs need imo. When Penguins Neal for him, they got a piece that helped them get closer to a cup team.

Any physical top6/9 players (who can actually play) that could be a fit with Toronto?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Lol, I expect this thread to be real productive.

Fans on here overvalue their players and it just devolves into a bash fest. Leafs might address this issue this season but doubt we'll come close to anything resembling the deal.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's really quite surprising how difficult it is to find and/or replace that skillset when needed. Accordingly, such players often end up disproportionately valued. I can certainly tell you Andy isn't going to be moved for anything like a sane price.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I think Chris Kreider is a good fit around the deadline provided that the team shows that it is worthy of such an investment.

I don't see a deal for him without a 1st involved. Our top-3 prospects aren't getting moved for a rental we can't afford to re-sign. I just don't see a situation where we don't get outbid.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't see a deal for him without a 1st involved. Our top-3 prospects aren't getting moved for a rental we can't afford to re-sign. I just don't see a situation where we don't get outbid.

Also looks worse. I liked him last year as a fit. Haven't liked him as much when I have seen him this season

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
There's always Clifford if you're desperate for some sort of physical play in the lineup that wouldn't cost much. Retain 50%. Whatever makes the cap work. However, please, don't include Shore. Unless you want to pay a little extra for the Kings to take the most boring and bland player in the history of hockey across the planet. Although, even then, just having Shore on a roster, any roster, is a bad choice.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Do the Flames have a player for you...
I don’t want Babcock within 100 miles of Lucic. He’s the prototypical “Gud pro” with strong intangibles. He’d probably get more ice time than Matthews.

As a Leafs fan I’d rather just wait for Hyman to come back. He’s our heart and soul energy guy that drives play through risk and puck battles. While he may not show up much on the score sheet and sometimes frustrates us by missing the net, his possession numbers are undeniable and he somehow manages to elevate Matthews. He’s certainly a better choice than rushing out for a goon due to panic setting in due to not being the top team in the league after a weaker than expected start.

Reactions: dfunk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad