GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs (24-16-2) vs Vancouver Canucks (16-19-5) | 7:00 PM EST | Hockey Night In Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Woohoo, glad to see Dermott in there, he's a keeper! Bit sad for Borgman, he's been pretty good, he will get back in. If Dermott sticks, bye bye Carrick, and I'm okay with that.

Reactions: 54thecup

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Even Dermott on the right side is going to be WAY better than Polak and Carrick.

He's probably not going to be better on the right side compared to Carrick who is right handed. We probably shouldn't expect him to be either considering tonight's his first game.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
When everyone sees Dermott play (hopefully tonight)... everyone will wonder why he wasn't playing with the big club earlier.

All this talk about our crappy D for the first half of the season was so ridiculous because we had a quality defender in Dermott that we weren't using. He's that "top 4" guy everyone wanted. No need to make a big trade... just send down Polak/Carrick and use Dermott.

Even Dermott on the right side is going to be WAY better than Polak and Carrick.

Dermott said yesterday he is not comfortable playing on the right side

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Very happy to see that Dermott is playing. Though I think he should be replacing Carrick or Polak.

Dermott and Rielly can both play on the right side.

It's funny how Babcock is so obsessed with left handed and right handed stuff... so much so that he put Nylander on the RW despite the fact that he played either LW or C. But the only exception to his own rule is with Hyman who is a right handed shot and had always been a RW. Hyman is a crappy player to begin with and was a rookie last year... doesn't seem like a good guy to put on his off-wing if he's going to make this one exception to his own stupid rule.

ThewThew

Oct 14, 2017
Thinking about going to the game. Does any one know which side of the ice the leafs play twice on ?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Very happy to see that Dermott is playing. Though I think he should be replacing Carrick or Polak.

Dermott and Rielly can both play on the right side.

It's funny how Babcock is so obsessed with left handed and right handed stuff... so much so that he put Nylander on the RW despite the fact that he played either LW or C. But the only exception to his own rule is with Hyman who is a right handed shot and had always been a RW. Hyman is a crappy player to begin with and was a rookie last year... doesn't seem like a good guy to put on his off-wing if he's going to make this one exception to his own stupid rule.

Personally i’d rather hyman play RW and Willy play LW

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I would've gone with...

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Carrick
Dermott - Borgman

Borgman has said he doesn't mind playing on the right and he sure doesn't mind bombing up the right wing with the puck.

Also - it would be nice to see if anyone else can kill penalties other than Hainsey and Polak.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Dermot with a point

Kadri with a solid hit to H. Sedin this time and a goal

MNMs multiple points

Canucks 0 points

Hughson calling the game

#PerfectHNIC2018

“Nothing like beating the Canucks on Saturday”

Last edited:

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Come on.. how do you take borgman out over polak who has been terrible.. shit like this makes me hate babcocks lineup decisions

Reactions: PuckMagi

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Gardiner - Hainsey
Dermott - Rielly
Borgman - Carrick

I would do this going forward... (with Zaitsev replacing Carrick when he's back).

The Dermott - Rielly pairing would probably become our top pairing after a little while. Hainsey would probably provide a lot of stability for Gardiner. At this point, Gardiner is more in need of Hainsey's stability than Rielly.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Not sure who's more excited for tonight, him, his dad, or all the hopeful fans hoping he can become a mainstay on the defense.

He's paid his dues and deserves this chance.
Live it up. 1st NHL game at home in front of ACC crowd home game, Sat HNIC, etc... yep no pressure at all lol

Captain14

Jan 3, 2018
Buffalo, NY
Dermot with a point

Kadri with a solid hit to H. Sedin this time and a goal

MNMs multiple points

Canucks 0 points

Hughson calling the game

#PerfectHNIC

“Nothing like beating the Canucks on Saturday”
If they come out skating like they did against the Sharks, your forecast is golden! No more being soft, we need to fight for every puck, we do that from here on out, we're a tough team to beat.

Reactions: PromisedLand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad