GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs (20-13-8) vs Buffalo Sabres (17-17-9) | 7:30 PM EST | SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
article_636d59d1-b77f-4fbc-9406-e1cc3add8bf2.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs (20-13-8) vs Buffalo Sabres (17-17-9)
Air Canada Centre
7:30 PM EST
TV: Sportsnet Ontario
Radio: TSN1050

Toronto is currently riding one of the hottest streaks in the NHL and look to continue it at home vs the Sabres. The last time these 2 teams met, the Maple Leafs were the victors by a score of 2-1 in Buffalo. Freddy Andersen is expected to get the start tonight.

:leafs

Forwards
Hyman - Matthews - Brown
van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Marner
Komarov - Kadri - Nylander
Martin - Gauthier - Soshnikov

Defence
Rielly - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Carrick
Hunwick - Polak

Goalies
Andersen ✔
McElhinney

Extras/Injuries
Smith (Hand surgery)
Marincin (lower body)
Corrado
Leivo

:sabres

Forwards
Ennis - R. O'Reilly - Okposo
Foligno - Eichel - Reinhart
Kane - Girgensons - Gionta
Moulson - C. O'Reilly - Carrier

Defence
McCabe - Ristolainen
Bogosian - Franson
Falk - Fedun

Goalies
Lehner ✔
Nilsson

(Sabres lineup taken from their most recent GDT's, could be changes)

GO LEAFS GO!

Last edited:

MarryMarner

Mar 31, 2008
Will be very disappointed with a loss tonight - Buf coming off a back to back in which they won.

3-1 Leafs.

Nylander GWG from a cross ice Matthews pass on the PP.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
This is a brand new leafs team so let's see if we can break the jinx the Sabres seem to have on us.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Will be very disappointed with a loss tonight - Buf coming off a back to back in which they won.

3-1 Leafs.

**** happens. Can't win them all. We are home after a long, long time. This game isn't going to be easy IMO if they play like they have so far in 2017. Need to pick it up.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

3-1 Leafs.

Sabres should be tired tonight, but they could be out looking for revenge...gonna be a good one.

This is a brand new leafs team so let's see if we can break the jinx the Sabres seem to have on us.

Off to a good start so far...1 win already this season :nod:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Leafs are going to **** on them.

Sabres own the Leafs in Buffalo, but it's a different story in Toronto.

12-3 in their last 15 against the Sabres at the ACC.

Buffalo is also a garbage road team so no excuses tonight.

Just win.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Does Buffalo bus it to Toronto? Could be even more restless that way. 3 hour bus ride when you're already tired sounds brutal. We're also well rested.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Does Buffalo bus it to Toronto? Could be even more restless that way. 3 hour bus ride when you're already tired sounds brutal. We're also well rested.

They would have came to town after their game yesterday. I believe it's a league rule that Teams must arrive a day before the game.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
They would have came to town after their game yesterday. I believe it's a league rule that Teams must arrive a day before the game.

Didn't we get back to Toronto from New Jersey on game day against Montreal?

Or is it only the visiting team that this would apply to?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Meh they played yesterday afternoon .. It's not like they got in that late.

I don't expect Buffalo to be that worn down honestly

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Didn't we get back to Toronto from New Jersey on game day against Montreal?

Or is it only the visiting team that this would apply to?

No idea, what makes you think they stayed in NJ? I would think they would have flown out after the game.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
No idea, what makes you think they stayed in NJ? I would think they would have flown out after the game.

I believe there were tweets in the morning about the Leafs flying out that day. Surprised me as well, I had figured they would go for the red-eye.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I believe there were tweets in the morning about the Leafs flying out that day. Surprised me as well, I had figured they would go for the red-eye.

They have their own charter and it's a short flight. Can't imagine they stayed over unless the weather was really bad.

Players were sending out messages from the plane?

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013

I think their plane was delayed due to snow. They got into Toronto later than they wanted to. I could be wrong though.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
They have their own charter and it's a short flight. Can't imagine they stayed over unless the weather was really bad.

Players were sending out messages from the plane?

Kristen Shilton at 11AM, January 7th:

About to be wheels up from Newark (in a snowstorm) but Babcock said Freddie will go tonight vs. Canadiens

Maybe the weather was bad the night before, as well.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I mentioned this in the other thread.

This could be a very chippy game and the Leafs have to stay out of the box tonight. On Saturday, Ottawa was playing very physical but the Leafs kept their cool and were only short handed once. Hopefully it's more of the same tonight.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad